+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Recommendations for a reflux formula

We found out today that our 1 month old baby girl has reflux we are seeing our peadiatrician on the 17th of this month.

We are currently using NAN Ha Gold formula (we haven't had any of the problems that people have been reporting about) and I am not sure if we can still continue to use it or if we have to use another formula...I am really confused.

Can anyone suggest a new formula that they have had success with or let me know if I can continue using the one that I have?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just added thickener to the formula I was using as I found that AR formulas didn't agree with DS. I currently use karicare aptamil feed thickener (it is the only one I have ever seen at a pharmacy) and use s26 formula.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hipney For This Useful Post:

Kimnus  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used Novalac Reflux formula, and it was a godsend for us, helped a little with the spewing, and we had less issues with constipation. Gold formulas were a no go for DD.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TnA For This Useful Post:

Kimnus  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TnA View Post
    We used Novalac Reflux formula, and it was a godsend for us, helped a little with the spewing, and we had less issues with constipation. Gold formulas were a no go for DD.
    Yep we used Novalac and it was an amazing help! We didnt even have to change teats as it wasnt overly thick and gluggy. We tried S26 AR and it was awful it was honestly so gluggy DS got angry with his bottles (even when we changed the teats) and more upset so we went to Novalac and never looked back. Good luck and massive hugs Reflux is terrible but it does eventually get better

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Kimnus  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At the moment I do feel a bit over my head with all this. Bub was born at 2.7kg and at the mention that she might lose weight it has frustrated me.

I just don't know if I am going to make the right choice for her with the formula, and I am so worried she might have to go on meds.