+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have been parenting for 19 yrs and have 6 kids, what she said is a big pile of stinky donkey poo.

Your a good mum.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

GreenMama  (07-10-2012),headoverfeet  (07-10-2012),MissMuppet  (07-10-2012),River Song  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Reflux, CMPI, failure to thrive, poor sleep, constant crying, terrible feeder, 2 stints at tresillian, PND... And I'm a freakin awesome mum thanks very much! And I'm sure you are too.

My best mate had such an easy first baby and now her second has been a huge shock to the system. She's a great mum and always knew she was lucky first time around. There are no guarantees with kids no matter what you do.

Your friend has no idea. Next time tell her to go look up hubris.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Doc  (08-10-2012),elleandsam  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That would end the friendship for me.. if she knew what u were going through and still said that she is not a friend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our daughter slept through from 8 weeks, was always a dream baby.

We just count ourselves as lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please, please, please don't doubt yourself because she is a *********.
    She might have had an easy road of it so far but she is 4 months in to this parenting gig...she has soooo far to go yet. She really shouldn't be so smug about her parenting.
    I would be willing to be a right cow and when she does have a tough time turn around and say 'but I thought your baby was so easy because you are such a great parent. What happened, did you lose your skills?' I really can't stand smug parents.
    Her time will come, don't worry....even easy children present their parents with challenges! Go and hig your baby and be proud of the fact that your baby isn't being raised by a *********!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually you're probably "better" because you have to deal with the cries and fits and no sleep... It's all good and easy peasy when baby sleeps through eats poops and back to sleep no fuss. The good parent test comes when you have to hold your screaming baby for an hour without losing your mind or sobbing youself!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

Cue  (07-10-2012),gizmoduckus  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read the other posts - but I don't think parenting style has anything to do with having an "easy" or "hard" baby.

You could be the best parent in the world and still have a child with problems, or many problems. I know with my 3 kids, I parented them all in a similar way, but DS2 was hard work and has only now (at 4.5yrs old) started sleeping right through the night. While DS1 & DD slept through very early on.

Turns out DS2 has autism. So is that because of "bad parenting"? I mean, I certainly didn't know he was on the spectrum when he was a little baby....

Thanks
    Reviews
    She has her dd in a good routine and if you stick to routine you should have any issues! I'm just making myself feel worse by dwelling on this and i am so sick of her boasting about it especially since i struggled so much. I don't think our friendship is worth it and i do believe in KARMA!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow she has her head a bit too far up her **** move on OP you and your son don't need that kind of 'friendship' in your lives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I must be the best parent ever, because DS was the easiest baby. He still is pretty easy. Yay to me for being so awesome...exept it's got nothing to do with me at all. What a stupid woman.