+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Good parenting styles results in easy baby??

A friend and I were discussing how different our each baby is. She has a 4 month old dd and she honestly believes that her dd has been sleep through from 3 weeks and no feeding issues because she is such a good mum. My ds had colic/reflux/CMPI and was a very difficult baby and I blamed myself everyday for what he went through. Do you honstly believe it's a parenting styles that guarantees you a easy baby or is it just merely luck??

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is just lucky she didn't get a colicky baby.No amount of parenting gets rid of colic,cmpi, reflux etc. Honestly I want to slap your friend up the side of the head for making such an insensitive comment and I secretly hope her next baby is difficult so she is forced to eat her words (not a baby in pain...just one who doesn't follow the 'rules.')

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wastingtime For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (08-10-2012),Busy-Bee  (08-10-2012),elleandsam  (07-10-2012),GlitterFarts  (07-10-2012),headoverfeet  (07-10-2012),ICanDream  (07-10-2012),Lillynix  (07-10-2012),LoveLivesHere  (07-10-2012),MissMuppet  (07-10-2012),Renn  (07-10-2012),~BEXTER~  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Her answer to that question was reflux can be fixed along with the rest of his issues. I just could not believe my ears, she has no idea what she is talking about and I do pray to god that her next baby isn't so "EASY".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well I must have been a really crappy parent then! DS was colicky and had bad reflux, bad sleeper, bad feeder the list goes on..... What a ridiculous and upsetting thing to say. Parenting is hard wether you have an easy or hard baby and unless you are hurting your baby then no you arent a bad parent compared to those who have easy babies. Just because she considers herself lucky does not make her a better parent. She should also know that dream babies can turn into nightmares too....DS started off as a great sleeper but went downhill around 5 months not once did I ever think I was a better parent when he slept good because realistically it can all change over night, babies are too unpredictable. Anyway my answer is no good parenting styles dont always make an easy baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is an idiot who will have no friends left if she keeps up with that kind of rubbish. Seriously, what a tool. With friends like thay who needs enemies.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wastingtime For This Useful Post:

babyla  (07-10-2012),elleandsam  (07-10-2012),headoverfeet  (07-10-2012),intruderalert1234  (07-10-2012),jagamoe  (15-12-2012),LoveLivesHere  (07-10-2012),ontheway  (07-10-2012),Sarelou  (07-10-2012),~BEXTER~  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastingtime View Post
    She is an idiot who will have no friends left if she keeps up with that kind of rubbish. Seriously, what a tool. With friends like thay who needs enemies.
    This. Total tool. Wait until her child is 18 and then see how she feels about her parenting. 4 months of parenting pfft.

She may have a baby sleeping through from 3 weeks but it's possible she's still to hit 4,5,6 month sleep regression. See if she has the same opinion then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    Her answer to that question was reflux can be fixed along with the rest of his issues. I just could not believe my ears, she has no idea what she is talking about and I do pray to god that her next baby isn't so "EASY".
    Seriously?! She doesnt have much empathy or compassion towards people struggling with a baby that has issues thats for sure! Did she ever think that maybe you might need a bit of support rather than being put down? Wether she said this stuff on purpose or not maybe she needs to think about the struggles you are going through especially since you already blame yourself and maybe not make sweeping statements like everything is so easy to fix.

I should also mention please dont blame yourself for what your DS is going through. I know how hard it is to watch them deal with reflux and feel helpless but know youre doing a great job regardless

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Sarelou  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What an idiot! I had 3 really relaxed babies, good sleepers and happy etc. And I had one that had the most horrible reflux, lactose intolerance etc, he just screamed all day long from morning till night and right through again till morning. It was awful, he was in such pain. It had nothing to do with my parenting. I know this because he is a twin and his twin was relaxed and cruisy. Ask your friend what that means! I am a good parent with one and not the other

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was just a horrible morning this morning. We were at a baby shower and not one person in the room could relate to how I was feeling. It's just awful when you can't even vent to a friend without having it thrown back in your face. I know I can't hate her for having a good baby but just have a bit of empathy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alimia View Post
    It was just a horrible morning this morning. We were at a baby shower and not one person in the room could relate to how I was feeling. It's just awful when you can't even vent to a friend without having it thrown back in your face. I know I can't hate her for having a good baby but just have a bit of empathy.
    She's being arrogant. It's not nice either.