+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Natural ways to bring on labour

Hi, i am sure i saw a thread about this a few weeks ago and couldnt find it anywhere! So here we go again!

What can i do to bring on labour? I am 40weeks and really dont want to be induced again!

What did you try and did it work? I like to get as many replies as possible. Thanks

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sex- ripens cervix (sperm)
    Nipple stimulation- produces oxytocin which is a hormone produced during labour.

IMO it's not worth it though, unless your about to go into labour spontaneously nothing will work, labour is a fine hormonal orchestra no amount of @ home methods will work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    4km walk! I was sooo fidgety DP suggested going for a little walk to get me a bit of fresh air...little turned into 4km. The last 5 min of the walk she dropped, I could barely waddle back to the car, and she was born less than a day later!

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We tried sex, pineapples, curry, long walks and even running on the treadmill at gym and nothing worked. Baby didn't drop at all. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    DS dropped at about 36 weeks, so he was pretty keen, but in the week leading up to his birth I DTD, ate curry, drank raspberry leaf tea and expressed colostrum.

The day before I went into labour I had a long bath and a good talk to DS, told him I was ready if he was. Kind of hippy I know!

Hope it's not too much longer for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a curry. I was threatened with induction at 41 weeks and had baby at 40+ 5 after a good hot curry . Two hours after eating I had the runs and in bed pop... My waters broke and contractions started. Baby 2 days old now. Curry never worked with my first or second so it may just be coincidence ....Good luck xx