+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastingtime View Post
    Sorry, I am not having a go at you...my disgust is at the school, not in the way you are dealing with it. This really needs to be taken further though. It's a teacher physically and emotionally abusing students and a principal turning a blind eye to it. It is something that the department of education need to be told about and not something that should be left for another parent to report.
    You could contact the dept. of education in your lunch break and find out what your involvement will need to be.
    Does your ex have the kids at all? Perhaps you could sort out anything the deptn of education needs when yur ex has the kids so it is a bit less stressful for you...if it is possible.

Thank you! I am way sensitive sorry!!

Ok school across road can take her.. private school that Ronald goes too, cant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No need to apologise, you sound like you have had to deal with a lot lately. Keep us updated on what happens.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think a term spent in another school is the least damaging of the options. It might be hard for her to settle for only a term, but the anxiety she is experiencing must be far worse.

It sounds like the principal is terribly unprofessional and breeding a culture where teachers don't need to be accountable if they have a relationship with the principal.
    Is the kids dad assisting you in this process, despite working interstate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes he is.. well he is talking to me about it..

he thinks, just move her..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree that that the best option is to move your dd across the road for the term. She understands what's going to happen and is aware that she will need to make new friends and is ok with that then I think it's the best thing to do for you and your daughter.

If my ds was so stressed and worried about his teacher, especially after everything that has happened to your dd, I wouldn't hesitate to move.

I think she would be learning less staying in the situation as the stress to perform and not have the teacher attack her must be enormous for the poor little tike. It would be less stress going to a new school.

I too have moved to lots of schools and know what it's all about....thing is she is only moving twice...one of which is local...so she will still be able to be in contact with her old friends.

I think you know what you need to do.... and your dd sounds like a strong little girl to be coping with this stress. Move her ASAP to the school across the road.

Oh and take the abuse of the teacher further as well. Go to the dept as well....I wonder how many other kids she has done this to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you send her back until reports are handed in to the principal (usually around week 5)? This way she has 'finished' the year and then the new school can have all of her report and she doesnt have to start at a new school. I would tell your ex he can help stump up daycare fees for the rest of the school term. I would only do this if you believe your child is in no danger. I would email the principal and make sure you tell him you will be forwarding to this the Ed Department outlining what has happend and that your daughter better not come home with anymore reports about this teacher. If you can afford (or more to the point, get her in anywhere) I would tell them that they can speed up their reporting process so she can finish the school year earlier. I think an email with what has happend and their responses attached might make them jump to help ESPECIALLY mention of physical touching (although I am very aware mental abuse is just as bad).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Someone mentioned putting her in day care for 5 weeks, this would be illegal and there could be consequences. A school would not usually release a report earlier than for others, they would post it in the mail if requested at the same time reports come out.
    the school across the road sounds like a goer. convenient too! She would also make some friends who live close by, that she could continue to see in the neighbourhood even when at the private school.
    I hope you sort it out. Can't believe they don't take this seriously.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Corporal punishment is illegal in schools in all states except NT according to http://www.aifs.gov.au/nch/pubs/sheets/rs19/rs19.html

I would think the principle was supposed to do a formal investigation, a letter to the Dept should certainly cause one to occur.

I'd definately send her to the new school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, I have made the decision.

We will go and enrol her tomorrow , across the road.
    Do I have to write to the old school or can I just call?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

FluffyDucks  (07-10-2012)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    You should just be able to walk in with her in the morning and ask to enroll her

May I ask- are you going to contact the dept about the other school? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to!)