+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugardumplin' View Post
    I would insist the current school your child is attending, did something to address the conflict between Agnes and the teacher!

If there has been a history of clashes and your child feels unsafe - then this is going to impact on her ability to learn.....the school has to do something.

If it were me, I would ask to have a meeting with the Principal and your child's teacher - to discuss just how the rest of the year is going to be for your child.

It sounds like the teacher really needs to change her approach - and as an educator, she has a responsibility to all ch'n in her class to recognise their individual learning styles - and teach them.

I think it's important for Agnes to see you advocating for her - rather than just pulling her out. Great opportunity for a life lesson here
    Oh Agnes knows I am advocating for her.

And life lessons are already being etched lol..

I have had numerous meetings and so have about 6 other mothers.. 3 kids have to see the counsellor because of anxiety about the teacher..

I totally get the whole stay and fight and learn, and I know this will sound awful.. but I just dont know if I can.. I have asked so many times about moving since week 2.. and nothing..

Now, I am exhausted... and just want my happy girl back.. she is miserable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Without having children at school yet and being in that situation, my instinct would be to believe her and move her for the last term. And then send her to the private school next year. Hugs and good luck...

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Ishy, didn't realise the long journey you've already had
    I totally get `you're over it' and want you happy girl back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry Ishy, didn't realise the long journey you've already had
    I totally get `you're over it' and want you happy girl back
    aww thanks babe.. and I didnt mean that narky..

I really am exhausted.. seem to be fighting battles a lot lately.. But .. Kids are my priority..

all advice is helpful!!! it helps me think.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtyban For This Useful Post:

sweetsugardumplin'  (06-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I think if you have a school across the road and Agnes is so traumatised to go back to her class and the teacher, change schools. Its just one term. Year 2? Its just a term. It might throw her out academically a little but its early enough and short enough to be able to catch up easy enough. Why don't your ask her? Give her the option of staying in her class or moving to another school till end of term. But sound like she is gonna have lots of sick days if she stays where she is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would insist the current school your child is attending, did something to address the conflict between Agnes and the teacher!

If there has been a history of clashes and your child feels unsafe - then this is going to impact on her ability to learn.....the school has to do something.

If it were me, I would ask to have a meeting with the Principal and your child's teacher - to discuss just how the rest of the year is going to be for your child.

It sounds like the teacher really needs to change her approach - and as an educator, she has a responsibility to all ch'n in her class to recognise their individual learning styles - and teach them.

I think it's important for Agnes to see you advocating for her - rather than just pulling her out. Great opportunity for a life lesson here
    I agree. I find it surprising that after a written letter that a school would not have organised a mediation meeting between the teacher, yourself and Agnes.

If you truly believe that your child has been hit then I would be taking it further than just the school, especially if you feel that they have not dealt with your concerns.

It's not the 1850's anymore, teachers don't deal out corporal punishment and schools don't 'brush' over these sorts of things. If you feel you have a case you should take it further.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it not possible for you & the other Mothers to go above the principal's head regarding the teacher? Surely the Education Dpt has some kind of say if there an issue this severe in the school they would act on it right away.

Again I don't have a kid in a school bu t wouldn't there be someone somewhere who would make something happen right away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you 100% believe her, I would move her. Try and get some second hand uniforms for the term.
    I would also report the teacher to the department, but I totally understand your position atm and how it's difficult enough just to deal with day to day life let alone have enough emotional energy to fight with a school as well. Are any other parents reporting the teacher? Hopefully someone will!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could u keep her at home for the last term?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I moved to different schools often as a kid. I had no issues with it.

While there MAY be some issues with moving to a new school for only a term, you know there WILL be issues if you keep her at hte school she's currently at... so my advice would be to move her. The risk of anything too damaging happening by moving is small... I think there's a much higher risk of life-long issues if you keep her with an abusive teacher she's scared of.