+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    NO outcome.. I was really hoping that Ronalds school would have room.. and we got word yesterday that they dont have room..

to be honest.. I think moving her is best for all..

And she LOVES the idea.. but I went to 18 schools and am very conscious of that..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you home school her for the last term?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kbf2plus2 View Post
    Could you home school her for the last term?
    I wish..

But I work..

Its just me at the moment.. as DH and I are seperated and he has taken a job in brissy..

I guess that explains my lack of any ability to make a decision..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my lord, whether she was hit or not, this teacher sounds like a lunatic! How inappropriate for the teacher Agnes told not to take it straight to the principal and yourself, and how inappropriate for the hitting teacher to address it the way she did!

It seems Agnes is genuinely frightened of the teacher. That's so sad. If it were my DD, I wouldn't put her back under this teachers care. It would be important to me that my DD knew I believed her, stood up for her, protected her, listened to her. and I just don't think she could learn well in that environment!

But this is also coming from me, who wasn't listened to as a child and subsequently was abused. So I may be overreacting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is good she is excited to move if that is your decision.
    So the private school has room for her next year, definitely?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaNurture View Post
    Oh my lord, whether she was hit or not, this teacher sounds like a lunatic! How inappropriate for the teacher Agnes told not to take it straight to the principal and yourself, and how inappropriate for the hitting teacher to address it the way she did!

It seems Agnes is genuinely frightened of the teacher. That's so sad. If it were my DD, I wouldn't put her back under this teachers care. It would be important to me that my DD knew I believed her, stood up for her, protected her, listened to her. and I just don't think she could learn well in that environment!

But this is also coming from me, who wasn't listened to as a child and subsequently was abused. So I may be overreacting!

WOW..

see this is how I see it and I guess I ask in here as it helps me to gage if its my childhood of abuse that makes me see it how I do.

I believe Agnes with everything in me.. and I guess I just honestly thought she would get a place in to ronalds school.. so now its last minute, school starts on monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    It is good she is excited to move if that is your decision.
    So the private school has room for her next year, definitely?
    Yes! we have paid the money she is all in next year..

she is begging me to let her go.. and I said.. what about your friends.. just trying to make sure she realises.. and she said.. I will make more and see my old ones all the time..!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishtyban View Post
    Yes! we have paid the money she is all in next year..

she is begging me to let her go.. and I said.. what about your friends.. just trying to make sure she realises.. and she said.. I will make more and see my old ones all the time..!
    thank goodness they are taking her next year at least!! your poor little girl, .

that's really disgusting how the school has handled the situation. if they won't shift her to another class, i'd be ringing the education dept.

sweetsugardumplin' is offline be the change you want to see in da world
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would insist the current school your child is attending, did something to address the conflict between Agnes and the teacher!

If there has been a history of clashes and your child feels unsafe - then this is going to impact on her ability to learn.....the school has to do something.

If it were me, I would ask to have a meeting with the Principal and your child's teacher - to discuss just how the rest of the year is going to be for your child.

It sounds like the teacher really needs to change her approach - and as an educator, she has a responsibility to all ch'n in her class to recognise their individual learning styles - and teach them.

I think it's important for Agnes to see you advocating for her - rather than just pulling her out. Great opportunity for a life lesson here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would move her.