+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Travelling without an 18 month old

hello ladies,

i will be travelling to europe when my daughter is 18 months old without her or my husband. i am so excited about it! however, just as i am about to book flights i am having a mum moment and freaking out about leaving her for 2.5 weeks. she will be with her dad, so will be well taken care of, but more concerned with her emotional response to not seeing me for so long.

So, anyone done this? How did it work for you? I'm expecting some emotional moments when I am missing my family, but the mental picture of my daughter wondering where I am is making me feel anxious.

I didn't expect a trip like this would happen for years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I personally wouldn't do it. At 18 months they are still a baby.

But if you think she will be fine then go for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks cheerilee. i agree with you that she's still so young for such a separation.

i forgot to add that the reason i am travelling is to attend my brother's wedding. otherwise there is no way in the world I would be traveling without her. the original plan was for my husband and daughter to come but we decided it would be best for the two of them to stay home, for a few reasons.

ok probably just need to go to bed and stop fretting now!!