+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    My kids' school is pretty laid back, as long as they wear the right colour bottoms they are fine, and lots wear non-logo polos every day. They just have to have a logo one for excursions etc. So my kids have one logo polo each and one non-logo one, plus a couple of checkered dresses from target, and various bottoms from target (netball skorts, tracksuit pants etc).
    I always wondered who bought school coloured polos as I assumed all schools would enforce a logo top.. Now I know some don't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annabella View Post
    My kids' school is pretty laid back, as long as they wear the right colour bottoms they are fine, and lots wear non-logo polos every day. They just have to have a logo one for excursions etc. So my kids have one logo polo each and one non-logo one, plus a couple of checkered dresses from target, and various bottoms from target (netball skorts, tracksuit pants etc).
    Our primary school is the same.

High school though is 100% bought from the uniform shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1's school everyone wears the school shirt and just any black bottoms.

DD2's Kindy and they have a uniform but it isn't compulsory... although everyone wears it. They can wear any bottoms. I don't really know of any kindy's that are overly strict with their uniforms though...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chameleon For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (06-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    awesome, thanks so much for your feedback girls, i really appreciate it. I'll definately get the school logo polo's and jumper and with the bottoms i'll get as close as i can from target. I'm going to take the bigw back and check out target again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son wears the school polo and jacket with cargo shorts/pants from big w, target or k-mart. He is in pre-primary (fulltime) and has 3 uniforms so I wash the first two on Wednesdays. I also have a polo and jacket from the second hand uniform shop for back-up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    With my DS i buy the stubbies brand school shorts from big w or Target and buy the shirts from the school. I get 3 sets each year.

At both schools DS has attended plenty of kids have just worn the plain polo shirts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    State primary schools in Victoria should allow you to wear any bottoms, so long as they are the right colour and a school jumper with the logo.

Most parents at my work would buy pants from big w and the jumper/polo with the school logo on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'd ask at the school if it's okay.

DD's school has shorts which have their logo printed on them, but there's no way I'm spending $30 on a pair of shorts. I buy some cheap t-shirt material ones from Big W or whatever for about $10 each. They're allowed, but the school does have rules about what is and what isn't allowed. I couldn't buy cargos, anything with large pockets, anything that went below the knees, nothing made from shiny "basketball," fabric. Your kid gets detention for these things, and it may even end in suspension if you keep sending them, so I mean, I don't want that happening to DD because of my decision to buy different items.

So yeah, I'd just check with the school and see what's appropriate. They ruin their clothes so quickly at school. Tears, paint, dirt, etc. I would never spend a fortune on a uniform.

Unfortunately at our school, the top is like a mix of various shades of green, and you're not allowed to go get a plain green polo. So I do have the hand over $35 per polo top.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah the polo tops with the logo are bright orange and navy blue cuffs. They are allowed to wear bottoms from anywhere as long as they are navy. The ones sold through the school are plain with no logo.
    I don't like the shiny fabrics i would literally get as close to the school sold ones as possible, ie instead of buying the stubbies cargo shorts through the school at $30 each, i would get the exact same from target for $16. The $14 mark up in price is way too much profiteering in my opinion.