+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trying to find a "young mothers" playgroup :)(single mother)

Hi, I'm pretty new to Brisbane and I am looking for a playgroup for my Son and I. I can't seem to find one close enough to where I'm living that is for younger Mothers as I am only 22! Really looking for somewhere that I can go for my son to play and mothers that I can relate to!!I'm living in Murrumba downs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I am a 25year old mum who has just moved from Brisbane to Margate. Im not part of a mother's group, however Im really interested in getting to know some other mums in the area. My little boy would also love to make some friends. I know Margate is a little way from you, but I figure im in the general area if you are interested in a play date for the kids etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I used to go to a playgroup at Aspley but it clashes with my little girl's morning nap. When I did go it was good fun for my girl who was only 6 months old at the time. Lots of kids all different ages and young mums too. They used to run it in the hall connected to the Aspley uniting church on Robinson road. They have since moved into a new building which I have not gone to. Used to pay $2 per family each time to generally cover costs of paint, crafts etc... I think they now charge $5. Here is the link. http://www.aspleyuc.org.au/groups/playgroup

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

ive been looking for something similar around Kallangur or to make new friends who are like minded and have some things in common. I'm 23 and a single mum with a gorgeous 2 year old son. Let me know if you'd like to meet up for coffee or something.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Trying to find a "young mothers" playgroup :)(single mother)

Hi dizzysmummy, there is a facebook group called kallangur mums discussion group. They organise regular coffee catch ups and waking groups etc. I haven't had a chance to go along yet but the group is very friendly and there us a lot of local info shared.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kat10 I will definitely check them out was really hoping to meet some single mummies, because sometimes I have felt that people will judge me differently as a single mum or that they put a certain stigma on single mums, but it is definitely worth a try