+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default should i be worried yet?

just wondering if i should start being worried... my son is nearly 18 weeks, he absolutely hates tummy time and therefore still doesn't push up on his arms, even if i lay down and lay him on his tummy on me, he just lifts his arms and legs and gets cranky til eventually he's crying and really upset...

he has pretty good head control though when he's sitting up and being held...

he's also not rolling yet... he doesn't even look like he's close to rolling, he'll lay on his back and look at toys etc, occasionally reach for a toy, but he doesn't even roll a little to reach for the toy, if it's out of reach he'll just loose interest...

the most movement he's done is laying flat on his back and he kicks and pushes on his legs that much that he sometimes does a full circle on the mat...

i've got friends whose babies are a few weeks younger and they are doing all that stuff - rolling, pushing up on arms etc...

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Here is a great video about good tummy time positioning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tummy time doesn't only have to be done on the floor. You can carrying them facing out from you, or lay them on your arm - head near your bent elbow, your hand holding them between the legs, hard to explain!!

Also laying on your chest - my little one's used to spend a lot of time on their dad's chest - particularly if he was watching football on telly!

A towel rolled up under their chest & arms is good to help with tummy time too.

Try not to stress about it - babies all do things at different times. DD2 rolled at 3 months, DD3 was closer to 6 months.
    Last edited by SpottySocks; 05-10-2012 at 16:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried putting a rolled up towel under his chest? Apparently that helps for babies who hate tummy time. Good luck!

ETA: SpottySocks posted at the same time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also think the rolled towel under the chest is great. And the carrying him face down as a pp said most bubs like.
    I wouldn't worry about him not rolling yet, babies really do things at their own pace. Although if its a concern I'd bring it up next time your at your Dr. Just for piece of mind.