+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Does anyone else's parcel postie "know them"?

Our parcel postie knows us well. He stopped outside our house and I was walking on the opposite side of the street with dd and he handed me the parcel there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha yes my parcel postie knows me and followed my latest pregnancy and baby as various baby items got delivered. I answered the door wearing just my bra with my shirt flung over in front of me because I knew it would be her and she goes "ohh I remember those early breastfeeding days!". Love her!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (22-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Does anyone else's parcel postie "know them"?

Our parcel postie is awesome! He is so cheery and always says have a great day

Last week I watched a courier guy pull up at our neighbours gate he tooted....no reply so he shook his head threw the parcel over their high fence. It was flat and wrapped in see through plastic and was really floppy....dress maybe...it looked like clothing???? Not sure what it was.

Anyway It landed in a tree nearby so he grabbed some sort of pole from his van and got it out of the tree and threw it back over the fence. They have dogs and there was a massive storm just about to hit....It was really gusty and ended up pouring down so I hope their parcel was ok I dont know the neighbours so didnt want to go trying to get the parcel and put it under their verandah plus they lock their gate anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep!! I buy everything online .. A parcel a day kinda girl .. I get super embarrassed when we get our wine delivered .. Usually about 4 cases .. Every few months ... Yikes!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh I've had an Australian air express guy leave a parcel on the doorstep WITHOUT KNOCKING. we live on a busy road and our doorstep is highly visible. Fortunately on the same day my lovely Oz Post man came along not long after and I found the parcel. Otherwise I wouldn't have know it was there.

Thanks
    Reviews

The Aust post courier guy knows me by name even tooted me the other day whilst I was driving out of our street to pull over and sign for our parcel lol

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We have one good one who yells "PARCEL" if its a drop and go thing and leaves it at the door, or knocks super loud if I have to sign.
    Then we have another one who Im yet to see but doesnt knock or anything...I am home and then when I check the mailbox there is the "sorry I missed you" card with the pick up details for the post office. HATE that one and has happened a few times now. Grrr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why do so many posties leave them without knocking? Isn't it more effort to fill out the card and return mail back to the depot?

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a note on my letterbox asking him to ring before leaving a card...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yes! Lol. So much so that she came to my house by accident when she saw the street name cause she's so used to coming to my house!