+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone else's parcel postie "know them"?

My guy is a jerk.
    Lots of times leaves the parcel cards before even knocking to see if I'm home (95% of the time I am and in my room right next to the front door). It's frustrating as its a 4km walk to the post office for something he could have just handed me.
    And when he does knock it's always between 7.45-9am and I'm in my pjs, and he always smirks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My delivery guy knows me so well he'll say hi if i see him in he street he knows my cats name lol and he knew i got married because my name changed on my parcels LOL... he could totally stalk me

Thanks
    Reviews

Our postie changed a few months ago, this one always leaves things you have to sign for either in the mailbox or at the front door so that we don't have to go to the post office; I appreciate it and our area is really safe so there's no dramas having stuff out. I much prefer to find a parcel on the cat box than get woken up and have to answer the door really early. I feel bad for them having to do Saturday deliveries in December tho

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I moved house recently. After we'd been here a couple of days I opened the door to the parcel dude, and he said "Oh you've moved! I'll keep a look out for anything sent to the old address".

So, erm, yes... he knows me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (21-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My guy is awesome. He knows me well enough to stop and give me my parcels if he sees me walking DD to preschool when he has missed me at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    I moved house recently. After we'd been here a couple of days I opened the door to the parcel dude, and he said "Oh you've moved! I'll keep a look out for anything sent to the old address".

So, erm, yes... he knows me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My guy just dropped something around and had a treat for the dog ready to go! He normally drops parcels inside the fence when we're not home so I guess the treat is so he doesn't get barked at! Though he also gave her a big pat. Very sweet!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know our guy by name yet, but with the amount of parcels he's dropped off in the last week or so he's getting to know us pretty quickly . We've only just moved here from Melbourne, and the parcel guys there were TERRIBLE.

DH is a SAHD and every time we've had something delivered there was always a card at the door. They NEVER knocked, our little foxy goes of his nut if anyone even comes close to the front door and DH was always expecting them so they can't claim that he just didn't hear them!
    But I'm very happy with our new guy, he's really nice and even kept track of packages that had "1 of 2" on them so he knew there was another one coming in a day or two. Very lovely guy .

Thanks
    Reviews
    we dont get mail delivery here so i dont have a parcel person nor a mail man ........

but when i did , yes i knew them and was a regular peciever of parcels

Thanks
    Reviews

Some are good and leave flat parcels under our mat or behind the post near our front door, but there is a guy who never bothers knocking and it's very annoying having to drive to the post office to get something just because he doesn't bother to see if I'm home.