+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Old one we did. One Christmas I had loads of parcels from him he knew they were mostly for the kids so would sometimes leave it at the side of the house (obvious ones) then get my signature or knock to let me know it was here. Then when they started doing the Saturday deliveries he came straight to my place at 7:30am knowing we'd be up as my kids are early risers same as nother lafy in our street (though she's old and a gardener) I was however in my pajamas his contract stopped not long after which is a shame as he was great if you were expecting a parcel and it was on board you knew it would usually be at your home by say 11 day it was on board.

Not a fan of the new person seems to think SAHM should always be at home and right near the front door when someone knocks waiting to answer seems to be cranky when I'm not but I don't order online as much any more (though with Christmas looming who knows )

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work from home and my courier comes 1-2 times per week, always around 7-7.30am. I must be first on his drop-off list!!

I'm usually always in dressing gown cause its so early, but a handful of times I've surprised him by being fully dressed and showered, hahahha. And the cheeky old man commented once, "Oh! You're up early!".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep! My kids go running to the door yelling "Parcel Man"!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our old parcel postie knew me and was great. Now we live on a rural property and dont have a sealed driveway so postie doesnt have to deliver our parcels i get a parcel card and have to collect at post office - its taken all the fun out of it and made it a chore

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Steve is awesome.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (05-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    our parcel man is brilliant Hes so nice to DD and loves our dog lol.
    If somethings heavy he'll carry it inside for me, and if im not home he asks my neighbour (unit block) to sign for it and leaves it inside my screen door.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our last actual postie (motobike postie) was scary weird :s He was also the bread guy at woolies, and hed always bring over baked goods, invite himself in for a chat etc. He was nice, but too nice sometimes and it made me uncomfortable

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well today my busy, flustered postie dropped off a parcel and then asked "how many more?" I said with a smile "Im not sure"
    She then said "no I'm serious, how many?"
    I then said "I really don't know my husband orders parts for his car" (I didn't tell her I'm waiting for Sophie the Giraffe from eBay and a package from Mumgo!!). She asked me how long ago he ordered them etc.

She then had a funny 2min conversation with ds1

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone else's parcel postie "know them"?

Yep my mil works for Aus post so we know lots of them lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone else's parcel postie "know them"?

Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    Well today my busy, flustered postie dropped off a parcel and then asked "how many more?" I said with a smile "Im not sure"
    She then said "no I'm serious, how many?"
    I then said "I really don't know my husband orders parts for his car" (I didn't tell her I'm waiting for Sophie the Giraffe from eBay and a package from Mumgo!!). She asked me how long ago he ordered them etc.

She then had a funny 2min conversation with ds1
    I live with mil and she's been working 17 hour days past 17 days!! Poor thing... Lol she's so flustered she doesn't even get holidays I try my best to just have her washing done, dinner cooked and just make her sleep!!