+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Red face Does anyone else's parcel postie "know them"?

I'm a big online shopper, slightly addicted! Therefore I see my parcel post woman quite often. We chat and she talks to my kids, dog etc. She has seen
    my family grow.
    However I'm a little embarrassed when she turns up, she probably thinks I'm a rich, shopaholic SAHM (only half true!)
    i generally buy things I would have gone out to the shops to buy, but with two small kids, online is so much easier.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 05-10-2012 at 18:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, Gloria! But I haven't brought anything in ages. Around christmas last year it was getting a bit embarrasing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    no not me personally but my mum's does lol
    They dont even knock on front door anymore, just make their way round the back and leave parcels on the back verandah table and give my mum a wave thru the back window.
    I think "parcel posties" are a lovely bunch of people but i like to remind mum that anyone could be watching what they do...and let themselves in too! :\

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, mine does. On the rare occasion my partner gets a parcel, he's already typed my name in the sign thingy without having to ask!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh mine does! I love online shopping, our guy knows our names etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine does too! Often if its a parcel that needs to be signed for he will sign it for me and leave it at the door so he doesnt have to leave a card to pick up at the post office. I told him its fine to do that as I hate having to go to the post office to pick up parcels.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

LivinOnAPrayer  (05-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS and te FedEx guy are besties!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I keep missing the packages so the people at the post office know me by name and ask about DD if she's not with me

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yes. mine knows most of my family... but then he was my brother's best man. he was at our house the day I was born. I don't know if that counts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep my postie knows the whole family by name. He also signs for parcels for us so that we don't have to go to the post office. He also knows who my folks are (after I had a parcel in my name delivered to their address), and he'll drop my parcels at mums/mums parcels at mine if it's ever needed. One day I hadn't picked up the parcel from the day before - so he went to my mums place, dropped the parcels there, with a little note to say he hopes that I'm ok!! Seriously it's going to be a sad day when he retires. He's absolutely fabulous.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hamij For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (22-12-2012)