+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why would cetrotide be used on days 1-3??????

Hi all, I posted a few days ago but got no replies so I am going to post it again and just make it short and sweet.
    I have been put on cetrotide injections for days 1-3 of my period, and begun gonal f injections on day 3 also. I am start to the cetrotide again on day 8.
    Has anyone done anything similar and if so why is it used at a start of a cycle? I understand to prevent ovulation later on in the cycle but not this early on....
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you ovulated early in a previous IVF cycle? I am not sure why you'd be on it so early. What reason did your clinic give? I was on Orgalutran (works the same as Cetrotide) from CD 4 or 5.

Hope you find your answer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply Bella! No I have never ovulated early, the only reason I can think of is that I am on a really high dose of gonal f this time (125iu, where as I am usually only on 100iu or lower), so maybe my FS thinks I could ovulate early on such a high dose of FSH I will have to ask when I go in for my scan.
    My first IVF cycle I was orgalutran too, it hurts just as much the cetrotide!
    Good luck with your cycle