+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I swear by over the back of a hospital bed or on all fours while biting a washer or towel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks everyone for your suggestions! it gives me good ideas what to try. my last two births they wouldn't let me get up and i was lying down the whole 14-15 hours and in the end didn't dilate past 3cms both times.. then they said i needed a c/section and whisked me away. so obviously i'll be trying more upright etc this time. see how i go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep this
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    I swear by over the back of a hospital bed or on all fours while biting a washer or towel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is this position out of the question after an epi? Or can you get lighter epis that allow you to move around a bit?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    This! I laboured in this position but did give birth on my back/semi-reclined.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave birth on my back all three times after active labours. First time took a while, my middi kept trying to get me to get off the bed but I kept climbing back up on to the bed! lol 2nd and 3rd time I was on the bed but I breathed my 2nd out in 7 minutes and third came out so quick his head was born before anyone knew he was even coming.
    My midwife raised the back of the bed for me so I had help from gravity and despite planning a water birth three times when it came to that very last stage I just found the bed the most comfortable place for me.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Best position for you to be in is one you instinctively take unhindered.

There is a grea little poster here http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_DuDKvT_Gf_...ut-of-bed1.jpg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (06-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry haven't had an epi, biting a washer while pushing is my pain relief. Helps me to take the focus off the pain and not use energy screaming. It was either a washer or DH arm!!!