+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kyllara and other ladies I have been reading this post as I was thinking the very same question when my 2nd FET cycle (3rd transfer) didn't work last month.
    I am now down to my last two blastocysts but I think I will need another stim cycle next year
    It's hard to believe it will work sometimes when so far my "text book" cycles and embryos ain't sticking. It's at least comforting to hear that there is tests that can be done. I notice that some of the US and UK forums the ladies are on a regime of meds that cover possible immune issues and infections etc. it seems that Australian FS prefer a fairly low key approach until there is repeated failures. I don't understand this as isn't better being proactive rather than waiting for 10 transfers ??!!

Bella I am following your cycle and I really hope this is the one for you

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kyllara and other ladies, I've been following this thread as I was thinking the exact same thing after my 3rd transfer failed (1 fresh 2 FET all good looking blasts) Its hard to imagine it will ever work sometimes . I am now down to the last 2 frosties but I think it's inevitable that I will need another stim cycle

the idea that after 10 transfers it is "implantation failure" really worried me as surely FS can do something preventative rather than treat this as a numbers game.

bella I am following your cycle and hoping this one works for you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillac For This Useful Post:

kyllara  (07-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I'd bump this in case anyone else had more information.

I'm currently at the tail end of my 6th stim cycle. I'm 8dp3dt and have tried it all this cycle - I had a biopsy the cycle before this to test for NK cells and also help implantation. The biopsy was -ve for NK cells which I guess is good news.
    Then we've used Saizen (HGH), antagonist cycle with added pregnyl from day 6, Embryogen medium to grow the embryo in, clexane and aspirin, progynova and crinone (twice daily) post transfer. Plus acupuncture and chinese herbs post transfer.
    We got 2 eggs at pick up but only 1 embryo. The exciting part about that though was that both eggs were from my left ovary which hasn't done anything in any of the other cycles!
    So I'm happy little leftie is back on board - hopefully we'll get a few more egss out of it. I had surgery in July and the surgeon wanted to take out my left ovary due to endo - so glad I didn't let her!!

Even with all of that I'm not feeling confident about this cycle because I don't feel any different to previous cycles. Plus it feels like it would just be too lucky for it to work the first time we add all the new things in. I am really happy at all the new things we added though so I think I'll ask to do all of that again next cycle - even the really expensive Saizen!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How many embryos / transfers to get your BFP?

I have had 3 stim cycles with 3 m/c. On my 7th transfer I got my BFP. This was over two years. I felt like giving up so many times but I am now 17 weeks pregnant. Hang in there! I change Dr and that was the best thing I did!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pippi01 For This Useful Post:

kyllara  (30-11-2012),peoniesarepretty  (03-02-2013),Renoirxx  (15-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry you are going through this, its very disheartening. I was one of the lucky ones I got a BFP first go twice. Have faith it will happen for you. The only key thing we did was cut out all alcohol and caffine for both hubby and I. I did accupuncture 2nd time and got five on ice (as first time I only got one embryo to go to day 5).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to butterfli For This Useful Post:

kyllara  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I'm sorry that you are going through a tough time.

With my first pregnancy, I fell pregnant on my 2nd transfer. With this pregnancy, it has taken my over 20 transfers to get one embryo to make it to 12 weeks. It don't say this to discourage you but to point out each person and each cycle is different. I found useful way to get through the disappointments was to ask for more tests after each cycle, just to give myself a sense of moving forward.

All the very best.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aloe vera For This Useful Post:

kyllara  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For DS, we had 3 fresh cycles (total of 4 embryos).

For DD, we had 6 fresh, 1 frozen (total of 13 embryos including 2 x early M/C).

When trying for DD, we were at the end of our tether. A change of FS gave us some new direction. I had a hysteroscopy and lipoidal flush, new drugs (including Clexane, prednisone, ralovera(?), heaps of vitamins, DHEA and god knows what else) and fell pregnant first cycle with my new FS.

I agree with the other posters who said don't let your FS tell you it's a numbers game - there's always new things to try.

Good luck!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmo For This Useful Post:

kyllara  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    For my beauitful boy/girl twins
    7 fresh, 6 frozen. Can't remember how may eggs.
    Now 34 weeks pregnant with a baby girl.
    1st fresh, 12 eggs, 2 transfered no frozen.
    2nd fresh, 4 eggs, 2 transfered no frozen.
    1st colorado protocol. 2 eggs, both transfered BFP, Lost one bub at 7 weeks.
    Due 7th Jan 2013.
    Only only thing l would say is, if you are not 100% happy with your Doctor and that they are not trying new things then change Doctors.
    All the best Kel

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kell72 For This Useful Post:

kyllara  (30-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default How many embryos / transfers to get your BFP?

Btmac - I agree. We have 5 frozen and if we don't get a BFP from one of those 5 for our 2nd child, we are going to be grateful being a 1 child family (4th May, he/she is due) Not going for a 4th stim cycle.