+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Has anyone experienced this?

I had a really weird, quick labour with DD. I didn't know that I was in labour til it was picked up via u/s, then again via an internal. I was having silent contractions (I didn't feel them) that were regularly monitored. The OB and midwives has never seen anything like this and thought I was crazy lol

My waters were broken by the OB at 8cm and that's when I actually started feeling my contractions, hard and strong!

I birthed a very healthy and content DD 2hr, 57 minutes later without tearing/needing stitches.

My labour was long in the sense that it progressed over a few weeks and it took 18 hours to get from 4cm to 8cm, although I couldn't feel anything.

I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar labour/birth and did it happen with consecutive labours? I have read of two other people having this happen and both times their waters naturally broke as they began to push, they didn'y feel any contractions/pain until this point. I'm preparing myself for possibly birthing at home or somewhere random if the same thing happens with baby 2 unless it is picked up by the OB again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No this did not happen to me and I think I can speak for millions of women and say OMG I hate you!!!
    Were there any other signs you could look out for?

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have heard of it before your one very lucky woman, I envy you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh wow thanks for sharing your story! I havent heard of this before but sounds like something I can only wish to happen to me for next time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha sorry!

No signs, I didn't even get braxton hicks through pregnancy or lose my mucus plug (that I'm aware of)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeamummy View Post
    No this did not happen to me and I think I can speak for millions of women and say OMG I hate you!!!
    Were there any other signs you could look out for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also wasn't early. Was right on original due date

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am not sure how quickly it is possible for the cervix to dilate but with DS my waters broke at midnight, followed by enormous pain about an hour later and my body started pushing, he came out at 2 am.
    Once i got to the hospital, pushing in the car all the way, they examined me and could see his head.
    The middies were shocked because they were saying on the phone to my DP that it will take hours and hours before he is born because it was my first labour.

I could feel heaps of pressure the week leading up to his birth but never got checked out so dont know if was dilating all week before hand or not.

It was a very speedy birth though.

I haven't had another baby though so dont know if it will happen again so quick.
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 05-10-2012 at 12:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had something similar.

Dd was born under 3.5hrs and it wasn't until they broke my waters did I feel anything. Born with no pain relief etc. pushed for 10mins but did have a slight tear needing 4 tiny stitches. Had a 9lb4oz. I was already dilating when I went it for my scheduled social induction (which they were unaware of) they asked if I wanted to just wait it out as my body was already doing it but I said no I didn't want to wait another couple of days. So they induced me by breaking waters at 3-4cm's. Otherwise it would have been an extremely fast labour of painful contractions and I may not have got to hospital in time if I went with the waiting option lol.

I was 39 weeks when I had her I doubt I would have got to 40 weeks. much different to my first child.
    Last edited by 1CrazyMoose; 05-10-2012 at 12:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I have learned, if I hadn't of had my waters broken and let things progress naturally, I would have had silent contractions right up until needing to push, with waters breaking at the start of pushing or have a baby birthed in the caul.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had something similar with DDs birth.

At 41 weeks I was 2cm dilated yet hadn't had a single BH or contraction, a week later I started getting pains like I needed to go to the toilet, very irregular and i was still able to talk through them. 4 hours later hospital finally let us come in for a check up. My waters broke as they tried to take my blood pressure, took me to the delivery suite where they discovered I was crowning and she was born 20 minutes later.

I was advised to plan a home birth if I want anymore, especially as DD was prosterior and I had zero pain relief.

It's definitely possible.