+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default strider compact or baby jogger city select?

Sorry if this has already been done- but I have been looking at reviews on both and am soo stuck. I like both of these prams because you can add on to them later for more than one child, and they are both relatively narrow and good quality prams. Can anyone recommend one or the other? I have found heaps of reviews on bjsc, but not very many on the strider compact, because it is quite new. Please help! I'm going quietly insane

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the best thing is to go and test drive them yourself... sometimes i had thought i'd known what i'd like but when i tried it, i didn't really like it as much..

Strider compact comes with all accessories and is half the price of the select by the time you deck the select out with accessories etc.

I have a strider plus and love it.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Depends if having bub facing you is important. Personally I prefer side-sides

IMO the BJCS is very long when in double mode if parent facing isnt important I'd go for the compact.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you both! You have given me some good points to think about on both. Going to compare them tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a really hard decision!! I am trying to pick one or the other as well, I have had a good play with both a few times now, the Strider is a nice width and I love all the accessories it comes with, the BJCS rain cover is $50 alone, however the whole pram is available from Amazon with extra seat for about the same price as the Strider Compact however it would be with out warranty. The BJCS feels like a better product and I know people love theirs, the compact doesn't have many reviews online yet so its hard to know if it will have any problems. The seating arrangment on both have advantages....oh its soooo hard, I will probably have another play with them today, the resale BJCS is probably better than the strider, they sell for about $800 with second seat whereas the Strider Plus sells for about $350 with second seat if that's any guide. Keep us posted on what you decide, I would love to hear from someone else struggling with the same decision!

Thanks
    Reviews

I've decided to go with a strider compact :-) when we held the bjcs the handle bar felt a bit uncomfortable for us both- kind of like we had to twist our wrists to push it. So that made it an easy decision! About to go and order it online.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a normal strider and was had to choose between the strider compact and the city select and I am going with the city select it has a bigger basket and the seats can chage and no matter what both kids can see as oppose to one being suck down where they can't see. I also like that I will more then likely be able to put the nappy bag on the back, and both seats are weight limit is the same. I am going with the select for that porpoise

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by kate4741 View Post
    Its a really hard decision!! I am trying to pick one or the other as well, I have had a good play with both a few times now, the Strider is a nice width and I love all the accessories it comes with, the BJCS rain cover is $50 alone, however the whole pram is available from Amazon with extra seat for about the same price as the Strider Compact however it would be with out warranty. The BJCS feels like a better product and I know people love theirs, the compact doesn't have many reviews online yet so its hard to know if it will have any problems. The seating arrangment on both have advantages....oh its soooo hard, I will probably have another play with them today, the resale BJCS is probably better than the strider, they sell for about $800 with second seat whereas the Strider Plus sells for about $350 with second seat if that's any guide. Keep us posted on what you decide, I would love to hear from someone else struggling with the same decision!
    I tried to get postage from amazon.com to here in Brissy and it won't post

Thanks
    Reviews
    One day when I require a pram .. I will be buying the Strider Compact. I love it.

Ive gone to the shops, pushed around, folded, un folded, tilted the seat etc pressed every button on most prams to see what they do For the price, I like the features of the Compact.

I also love the steelcraft sturdy frame, the bonus features that it can be used with a capsule (plenty to choose from second hand as its not just the one model to fit it) I love the idea of the 2 seat capability and with its strong frame it will support 2. At 10kgs it seems heavy but to be honest, im lifting it in and out of the car, not taking IT for a walk

Online, new, They can be picked up for $650 ish

How much are they on Amazon ?? I know a shop in Ipswich or Morayfield that will delivery or you can pick it up.

Thanks
    Reviews

I just ordered mine online today! Can't wait to get it :-)