+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Who chose your baby's name?

Me.
    I pick all the names. I have fabulous taste so he just agrees.
    His suggestions are rubbish.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (19-10-2012),scarymarygoldfish  (18-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DS's name is one that I'd loved since I was a teen & I'd always sworn I would name my first son that. When DF realized how much I loved it, he agreed although he admitted recently he'd always liked it too!

For the girls DF got to pick one name (with my agreement) & we decided that I would short list my favorite names then let DS pick one we both like. Unfortunately neither of them like my choices so DS has chosen a name on his own that we're both happy with. We haven't told DS yet though, we want to surprise him when they arrive!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

DP picked DD name. He suggested her name when I was only about 25 weeks pregnant. I told him I didn't like it lol. But when she was born, she was 100% that name. It was perfect so we went with it. I'm glad we did.

Thanks
    Reviews

I am currently 35 weeks preg and we still have no idea for a boys name.

The girls name we have chosen I suggested before I was pregnant, but DH didn't like because of a recurring sound with our surname. He brought it up again at about 15 weeks but I had kind of gone off it. He then suggested a nickname that we would use more commonly (and has the alliteration of the sound even more pronounced!!) and now I love it again, and we don't like anything else as much. It's very popular but I have talked myself out of caring about that now.

Neither of us are sold on either ones favourite boys names- we both have a similar 'list' of about 5 names but we're not prepared to commit to any!! I'm hoping either something new hits us or if he's a boy he looks like one of the names on the list as a stand out when he arrives!

Thanks
    Reviews
    With dd's name it was set in stone long before we even concieved her. I had always dreamed of having a daughter with her name. DH came up with her second name.
    I also came up with a boys name that DH really liked, we both agreed the second name would be DH's second name.
    When we found out we where pregnant with our 2nd, it took AGES to find a girls name we liked just as much as dd's. DH finally came up with one that i was 75% happy with. Then i found a unique girls name that i really liked.
    When we found out that we were having a boy....i completely lost interest in the boys name we had originally chosen if dd was to be a boy. I had fallen in love with another name. I was scared to mention it to DH at first because i knew he really liked our boys name. But for me, it didnt feel right. So i told him what i had in mind and he straight away said "actually, i like that better"! wooo hoo! done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkamunka View Post
    With dd's name it was set in stone long before we even concieved her. I had always dreamed of having a daughter with her name.
    Same I also had a middle name in mind and when I suggested it to DH he was happy with both. I never really had a boys name that I really loved, but DH did and I liked it so had DD been a boy I would have been happy to go with his choice. Since we are a 'one and done' family, we don't have to worry about a next time!