+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Attention Mums who had babies that woke hourly (please help..)

My 9 month old is still regularly waking every hour at night. My question to other mums who had babies that woke this frequently, is when did this end for you?

He settles himself to sleep, he doesn't have a dummy, he has not been rocked, or feed to sleep since he was 5 weeks old, but still struggles to go back to sleep after one sleep cycle. He has been a terrible cat napper, taking only 30 minute sleeps during the day, but in the last two weeks, has started taking 1.5 hrs to 2 hr sleeps during the day. I'm wondering if this might be a sign that he has finally worked it out??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That sounds really promising!!

How do you get him back to sleep each time?

My #1 had big improvements in sleep at 12 months, 15 months and 18 months. My #2 at 8 monthsbwakes often overnight. i feed back to sleep because i travel the path of least resistance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ugh, I feel for you. DS woke hourly/two-hourly for a few months, but it was because he was fed to sleep and had silent reflux that wasn't under control. Could there be some factor like teeth, temperature, reflux, sore tummy, that keeps waking him up? Eg, DS has an intolerance to tomatoes, once we cut them out he sleeps a million times better.

the extended naps definitely sounds promising, hope it improves soon. Sleep deprivation is horrible, I was such a mess when I went through it with DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I have a 9 month old who (up until 2 weeks ago) was waking very very frequently all night. Husband and I dead on our feet.
    Anyway.. she seemed to always have wind that wouldn't shift. Pat pat pat no burp.
    We tried Infacol drops(two weeks ago) and from the first night we saw a huge improvement! Huge. We are now getting quite decent blocks of sleep and I'm actually waking up remembering DREAMS which I haven't had all year! (or none long enough to remember!)
    Just a thought?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dd is 12 months next week & she has just started only waking up 3 times a night in the last two weeks. From 4-11mths it was min 6 to max 10 times a night! I was do exhausted but have caught up a little over the last week.

Not sure if she was just ready or what but the only things I have done different are-
    -Not to put her pj pants on her for at least the first half of the night she has a little blanket on her though and I'm in qld so it's normally about 22-23 in her room.
    -I've started putting her in cloth nappies at night. Super absorbent bcheeks v1's with 2 bamboo inserts & it keeps the wetness off of her so much better than a huggies. Ive always used cloth during the day & Huggies at night, so glad I've changed.

Anyways that's what I've done different so I'm continuing those two things just in case one of then is helping.

I feel for u & hope you get some decent sleep soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, my 11 month old ds was an hourly waker and only slept one cycle per nap until one magic day at 5 1/2 months when he slept 1.5 hours during his morning nap and he has been fairly consistent since then. He started sleeping through the night at 9 months. The temperature of his bedroom seems to really affect his sleep. Room (for winter) is now set at 18 degrees and he sleeps in a singlet, polar fleece onesie and is in a sleeping bag. Hope things start to improve for you