+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, thanks for your replies. It was great to hear some positive stories about the implanon. I thought you might like an update on how it has been for me so far.
    It has been WONDERFUL!
    I had a bit of bleeding 1 week in that lasted maybe 2 days and I have had a few zits but nothing that a little clean & clear won't fix! My moods have been the same, I haven't gained any weight (I was a little worried about this as I have also recently stopped BF) and my sex drive is as good as it ever was (not having to worry about getting pregnant again definately helps!)

Anyway, I was also wondering if those people who had positive experiences with the implanon were also fairly slim? I am a size 6 and one of my larger friends told me that her gp advised her not to get it because of her size. Apparently she was told that it works better on women with smaller builds and I was wondering if this is true?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any positive stories about Implanon??

Worked fine for me.. No complaints! I was a size 14/16 when on it

Thanks
    Reviews

I loved it! Didn't gain weight, is a size 12. I had two, 1 for three years then another for 2 (we decided to start our family). Finished with the 2nd one last July. I did get the occassional bleed, but nothing like a period. Love love loved it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i didnt have any issues while on it. I found it great not having to remember to take a pill everymorning at the same time and renewing scripts! It was soooo much cheaper in the long run.
    I got it put in about 8 weeks after i gave birth and had it for 10mths. No bleeding from the day it went in. Fantastic!
    No side effects, no weight gain. I am a petite build and i dont know if the implanon contributed to my baby weight loss - I was pretty stressed out with my first bub!
    I'll be getting it again after this pregnancy as we have decided it's our last child.
    I did have issues falling pregnant when i came off it. That's the only negative i have about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

My DP had it for about 4 years and never had a problem with it. She didn't get a period the whole time, it evened out her moods.
    She's size 18 ish and it still worked for her so not sure about how true that is about size

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my first Implanon done only 3 days ago and so far I have had no issues! Hardley any brusing, a little pain that night that I just took some nurofen for but apart from that, no issues! Im hoping this is a good sign and works for me! Im a size 18 and the doc said that was no issue! You never know, it may help me to lose wieght...lol...im dreaming!
    Last edited by WinterAngels; 02-11-2012 at 12:16.