+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Woven wrap suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rinahbee View Post
    Oh my goodness! $200++ for a piece of fabric? Whys it do expensive? I have the moby wrap and I love it! Is that the same as a woven wrap?
    You can get wraps a lot cheaper than $200, and a lot more expensive too.

The difference between a Moby and a woven is that a woven won't stretch so you can use it for a much heavier child. And you can use it for back carries which I awesome.

They come in different materials - cotton, linen, silk, wool, alpaca, etc and in all different blends as well which effects the price.

And some wraps are handwoven (Pamir for example) and fetch an amazingly high price as they are very limited.

Woven wraps all have different qualities and there's a huge difference in the comfort factor between makes, all which also effect pricing.

My most expensive wrap was $185 and I only paid that because I wanted the dinosaur pattern for DS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Woven wrap suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rinahbee View Post
    Oh my goodness! $200++ for a piece of fabric? Whys it do expensive? I have the moby wrap and I love it! Is that the same as a woven wrap?
    I have a stretchy wrap (like a Moby but homemade) which are lovely for carrying little babies but katelyn is 10.8kgs !! So need something a bit stronger for my big bubby.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

But I really didn't want to spend more than $100 but decided $125 wasn't TOO much, it came from mostly my PayPal account as I sell stuff i no longer need on ebay so I can spend elsewhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can totally get woven wraps for not much more than $100. They can seem expensive, especially when compared to a stretchy wrap like a moby, but the awesome thing about them is you get so much use out of them. Most wraps you could use until your child is around 2 for back carries, and some of them you could use for even longer (I have some friends who can carry their 4+ year olds in some woven wraps!). When you look at it that way they don't seem quite so expensive. Plus you can also make them into swings, hammocks, picnic rugs etc etc

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I looked at it as someone who sews and buys "pieces of fabric" 4-5 meters of quality material for $100-$200 is reasonable considering it's a finished product and the manufacturer and retailers have to make their profits.

The stretchy wrap I made myself though only cost $30 because the fabric was on clearance but it carried jasper only until 4-5 months and katelyn never really liked it.