+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default how do i go about this...drugs involved

most of you know the story of my sd. anyway i got access to her facebook account so yes i have snooped . found out she is smoking weed a fair bit (which was honestly not a shock). she's having conversations with people about buying it off them and they tell her how much they have and how much they;ll sell it for. i would love to give this info to the cops but just don't know how to go about it without her knowing i did it and also will it achieve much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Give crimestoppers a call. you can make an anonymous tipoff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I guess you just ring up the local station and let them know, or crimestoppers. Whether they'll bother to act on it is another matter. No, it probably wont achieve much and if she knows it was you then it'll probably make the relationship worse between you both.

Do you want to go to the police so that she will get into trouble or the dealers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Will you achieve much by dobbing in people from facebook? No. Dobbing someone in isn't going to get to the root of the problem, and letting her go to someone else to get it. Her friends will provide it more than likely etc...

I would talk to your daughter first, and ask her why? Why does she smoke marijuana and explain to her what you think are the bad implications of this is.

She could be depressed, want to "fit in" or she could just do it simply to relax. Most teenagers experiment with some kind of drugs throughout there life

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (04-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Firstly I've been reading your posts and clearly you are worried about your SD.

I think the issue here is about the relationships she has with adults in her life. I don;t think dobbing her or anyone else in will help the situation. It won't bring you closer or communicating more and I think this is really the root of the problem. I think she has trust issues and feels she can't trust the adults in her life. It's a longer road but I think ultimately you need to be working with her and maybe some family counselling to building up a strong family unit.

As she gets older more problems will always arise and you can't dob her in everytime she does something you don't agree with - what you can do is a build an open and trusting relationship so that when you do communicate with her, she values your opinion and trusts that you have her best interests at heart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you contacted the local alcohol and drugs service? They will provide support to family of users.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I'd start a convo with her about fb security because supposedly fb is monitoring peoples private messages now! So she might get into trouble any way if she is not careful.
    I havent read your other posts so dont want to comment on how else to handle it but I hope things improve

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi musicalmummy, this is going to get more and more complicated. You have your sd, her 'friends' the people who are supplying drugs, and the affect of the marijuana. I think you might need professioonal help, like from drug councillors, or Drug -arm ?? I dont think much will be gained from dobbing in the suppliers, but if you feel that is what you want to do then go ahead. Is there someone like a youth worker who could come onboard to help you give your sd some honest information, about the use of drugs, the long term affect of marijuana. There must be some youth councillers even at high school??? There Should be at least. I wish you all the best, we can see you are trying your hardest bo keepyour sd safe and protected. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    How old is your SD?

Instead of snooping how about having your OH work on things from the parenting side of things? Work on spending time with and opening up communication with his daughter.

I don't know if snooping is the answer. It's a sign that relations have totally broken down. If your SD finds out it will only serve to widen the rift. I was a reasonably good kid yet my mum snooped in my room reading diary entries about boys that I liked. All it made me do was hate her, not trust her and pull away from her more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't agree with snooping at all. I've read your other posts and feel snoopng just worsens the situation. You don't trust her and now she can't trust you. Not fair. You're the adult in this situation along with dh and I feel you need to set a good example.

As for the 'dobbing'- I wouldn't unless you feel it will achieve something.