+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Waking too early in the am.

My 3 month DD is waking each morning around 4.30am, which is jut too early for me to function properly for the day.

She sleeps really well during the day and early night, waking for a feed about 11pm and 3am.

When she wakea of a morning, she feeds but not properly, wiggles HEAPS despite a wrap and whinges really crabbily if im ignoring her. She wont take a dummy anymore and protests really loudly to being wrapped at this time.

It means ive got to move into the spare room all the time as DH is a shiftworker, and i really really juat need another hour or so for myself.

Am i expect to much? Is there any solution?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sympathise

I'm subbing as I'm in exactly the same position with my five month old. He has been squawking like a bird since 5am this morning!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep. Been there. Done that. My son woke at 3am every single day from birth, slowly that got to 4am,then 4:30am, 5:30 and now at 5 years of age he'll sleep till 6am most days.

Nothing I did helped.... I tried all sorts. What I learnt is, some kids (and adults) are early risers.... Some aren't. All I could do was nap whenever possible and try not to get angry and resentful (which I did, until I realised I just had a child who got up early and that's the luck of the draw)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

happygrl  (04-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started treating any wakeup before 6am as a night waking. I would feed bub and then put her straight back to bed. She self-settles to sleep so I would leave her to settle, at first she would grizzle for 10mins or so but she caught on quickly and now goes straight back. She will now wake up generally between 6.30 and 7.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im the same ds wakes at 530 each morn and its horrible. better time that ur bub though i feel for u..
    I don't like to feed before 7 as he is on a schedule.. Unless he was screaming for it of course but i agree with poster above if u feed and back to bed they may get the hint its still bed time. no talking to them etc..
    I tried that and it worked sometimes..
    Then i just stopped cuz it was only occasionally then he wouldst peed
    properly at 7..

If u discover anything else please let us know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Same here with my DS who is almost 4 months. The only thing that works is bringing him into our bed at that and then he will sleep till around 7am!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Take bub to bed with yoi if tge early mornings bother you.

I on the other hand wake dd2 (4mths) if she sleeps past 5.30am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Same here with my DS who is almost 4 months. The only thing that works is bringing him into our bed at that and then he will sleep till around 7am!
    Yes this does work for me, but I really want him to stay in his own bed, not get used to being in ours......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Axiomae View Post
    I started treating any wakeup before 6am as a night waking. I would feed bub and then put her straight back to bed. She self-settles to sleep so I would leave her to settle, at first she would grizzle for 10mins or so but she caught on quickly and now goes straight back. She will now wake up generally between 6.30 and 7.
    This. I've always treated anything before 6am as a night waking and do the same thing. DS then sleeps for another couple of hours and usually wakes around 7. 7.30 now with daylight savings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    This. I've always treated anything before 6am as a night waking and do the same thing. DS then sleeps for another couple of hours and usually wakes around 7. 7.30 now with daylight savings.
    Yep me too! Bringing her into bed with us never helps, she never sleeps there just talks to us and hits us in the face! Hehe

Anything after 6, we just get her up and start the day (always have done this too)