+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've used heaps of ICs, I did a few recently because I have had a threatened miscarriage and I thought the tests might give me reassurance. I have since learned that this was a bad idea.
    One day, the test was kind of dark but definitely fainter than the previous ones. Next time, it was soooo faint I could barely see it but then so was the control line. Then I did another one that wasn't even fmu and it was really, really dark. This was all with the same brand. I'm still waiting for an ultrasound to determine if I'm miscarrying but the hpt results don't help either way, they are all over the place.

The only way to really know is with a blood test.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (04-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't believe your gp wouldn't do tests! I got tested for a whole range of things at 5 weeks, one that you will need is to request they test for toxoplasmosis, you can get it from cleaning kitty litter. My dh is oh so impressed with having to do the kitty litter, not!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found the IC weren't reliable at all. I only ever got faint lines on them whereas the FRER got darker. Hope your new GP orders you some bloods but maybe do a FRER or clear blue digital if you can't wait that long!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    I can't believe your gp wouldn't do tests! I got tested for a whole range of things at 5 weeks, one that you will need is to request they test for toxoplasmosis, you can get it from cleaning kitty litter. My dh is oh so impressed with having to do the kitty litter, not!
    Yep, my DH had to google it because he thought I was joking when I said I can't touch the kitty litter anymore, hehehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad I've got doctors Monday. Did another clear blue at supposed to be 5w + 1 and got 'pregnant 1-2'. I know it's good it still says pregnant but I would have thought I'd be in to the 2-3 by now. So scared. This is such an emotional thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs princessleah I hope everything is okay on Monday, got everything crossed for you!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (05-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrstuilawa View Post
    Hugs princessleah I hope everything is okay on Monday, got everything crossed for you!
    Thanks, I'm hoping someone who has had the same experience sees this and can reassure me even though I know ultimately the only way to be sure is bloods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest I haven't been game to do a second clear blue even though my symptoms are considerably less than they were. I wouldn't rely on the test though best to get the blood test done as it will be the only definitive answer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    When I was pg in late June/early july I was getting really dark lines where it came up before the control line on FRER but only a faint/medium line on IC's. I was about 7+ weeks on by that stage.

IC's are great for testing a few times a day to fill the urge and get the line lol but they aren't overly reliable as far as darkening further

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try not to worry (ha ha)... my HPTs took about a week to get darker. I was stressed too, but my dr wasn't. My Hcg test was 126, he said there was no need to do another, "you're pregnant, we can stop testing" (he knew i had done about 10 HPTs!). He also said if something happens, it will happen regardless of hCG tests and HPTs.
    The waiting is hard i know... will you be getting a dating scan? My ob gave me one because i had some spotting. Im 14 weeks now, everything is fine.