+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Freaking out, HPT line not getting any darker.

Hi everyone,

I'm a worry wart and think too much about what ifs. Since poas Friday and Saturday, getting a faint second line and 'pregnant 1-2' on clear blue, I have tested every second day. The line is not getting any darker at all. It's almost a week later and still only a faint second line. Has anyone had this and continued on to a healthy pregnancy? I'm worried my hcg levels might be too low for 5 weeks and it's really stressing me out tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you been to have a blood test? That would tell you exactly where your hCG is at.
    As far as the HPT, I don't think you should put too much thought into what the line looks like. Every test is different even among different brands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I asked my GP to do bloods and she said it's not worth it. So I've booked in to see a GP someone's recommended to me on Monday morning. I'm really annoyed at the initial GP because I really wanted bloods to check my hcg was rising as it should be. Having a bad night tonight. I think it's just all the emotions coming out from our crazy month we've had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard that some GPs don't do blood tests anymore because HPTs are very accurate now. But I would have thought they would want to know the levels. I was tested for a whole lot of other stuff too (immunity to certain diseases, iron and folate levels etc) so I think its weird your GP didn't do anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping the new GP is more helpful. This GP looked at me as though I didn't even need to bother coming in. I hate all the emotion I'm feeling and wish I could stop worrying about everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Princessleah are you using ic or frer tests?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't used frer for a few days, mostly ic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would get quantitative blood tests. That will tell you your count and if it's in the range of normal for gestation. I understand that a line on today's sensitive tests means your pg, but counts can help show impending m/c and ectopic. A decent dr will order them.

Get yourself another GP and get the quantitative not qualitative counts i.e. the first gives the amount the latter is just a yes or no to pg

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (03-10-2012),Katters  (06-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Some of those ic brands don't seem to get any darker. My GP wouldn't take my bloods either. Said there's no point unless they think something's wrong but it would be nice if they just did what we asked. Hope this new GP is more understanding. Fingers crossed HCG is at a nice level tomorrow. Oh and I forgot that the dye in tests aren't always the same. One batch gives you light lines while another gives you dark. Not a real comfort when you are already stressed. Big hugs and positive thoughts xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilbub4us For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found ICs didn't get darker. You could also wait a week and do another digital frer but honestly, a line is a line. If you are still getting pos tests that sounds very promising! As pp's have said, get full bloods done and all the best!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (04-10-2012)