+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Im not having a go at you, im just encouraging a follow up. You did your best at the time so theres no point looking back. Ive been in a similar situation with a lost child and its hard to think perfectly clearly at the time. Honestly im sorry if I came off like a hard **se.
    Not at all!! Im being hard on myself as well and I just wasnt sure if Im over reascting ringing thm or not. I will though
    Thank you wannawannabe! I will call them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OK so I called them. They took the adress from the google maps that I found and said he would look into it further. DIdnt take my details s I wont find out anything. I just hope its all ok.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (05-10-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (05-10-2012),Mod-Myztik  (03-10-2012),WineTime  (03-10-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Reminds me of a situation that I experienced when I was 16. Dad and I were in the car on a 100km road. The road was narrow, with no room and busy at time. One lane each way and dirt either side.

We saw something on the other lane, and we started to debate what on earth it was. As we got closer we saw a baby on the boiling hot road with his 2-3 year old sister leaning over him trying to lift him up. Their home was about 50meters or more from the road (rural place) and the gate was open. The baby could hardly move.

We looked ahead and saw a ute flying towards us in the distance. Dad slammed on his brakes very hard and ripped the steering wheel sideways almost rolling our car. I jumped out and dad drove back up towards to children and stopped about 20 meters from them, running the rest of the way.

As the ute approached I was nervous that it would reahc the children before dad did. It was clearly doing more than 100kph. No amount of arm flailing and screaming was working and the ute was not slowing. So I walked out infront of the ute and held my hands out. I figured that if he hit me, he him me. I didn't care as long as he didn't hit the children.

By this stage a van that was travelling the way I was had seen what was going on and held the traffic up in the lane we were travelling in. Luckily everyone was smart and no one tried any silly overtaking moves. Luckily for me the ute slammed on his brakes and stopped about 3 meters from me.

At the same time, dad reached the children and grabbed them both off the road lightning fast. The baby just lay in his arms and the little girl clung to him with all her life. A few minutes later the mother came out of the home, pannicked, crying and just grabbed a hold of dad and didn't let him go for quite a while. I was sure he was going to turn blue with how hard she held him. She was so greatful and that day I really saw the true hero in my dad.

That day has stuck with me for my life, and although I tell it as if it happened over the course of a while, it was only a matter of minutes from spotting the children to saving them. But what if we hadn't been there? With the speed that ute was travelling, those two children wouldn't exist today.

It's made me very mindful as a parent to this day.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LifeInShadesOfGrey For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (11-10-2012),jacobsmamma  (05-10-2012),LoveHeart  (05-10-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (05-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happenes to me, a very young toddler was walking in his front garden in a semi busy rd no fence and then.went to letter box. as i crossed to rd with my bub in pram to grab hin hedore qe went on the rd a very frantic dad raced outside in his grandpa style undies and i yellex out to him he was nearly cryinf and grabbed kid and ran inside didnt say boo to me but i figured he was ashamed of both kid escaping and his birthday suit. I think he really cared for thw child tho.