+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Try 000 or Policelink?
    000 is for emergencies!!

OP I agree you should ring the police and see what they have to say, it may be too late after the event but it's worth a try. Your DP said it may be a once off, but surely if it's a once off they would have been freaking out! So I would be worried about it happening again.
    Good luck, and good on you for looking after this poor little child.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (03-10-2012),halloweendee  (04-10-2012),MsImpatient  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dont think I will call 000 because thats for life threatening situations. I would like to think its more of a matter to report to childrens services to keep an eye on.... I will have a look around. If anyone has any number here in Perth, will be helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Dont think I will call 000 because thats for life threatening situations. I would like to think its more of a matter to report to childrens services to keep an eye on.... I will have a look around. If anyone has any number here in Perth, will be helpful
    000 would have been better to have used when you first found the child. Do you have a PoliceLink number? I hope you do actually report it.

Edit: Found WA's police link number. Did you call
    131 444?
    Last edited by wannawannabe; 03-10-2012 at 21:46.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    000 is for emergencies!!

OP I agree you should ring the police and see what they have to say, it may be too late after the event but it's worth a try. Your DP said it may be a once off, but surely if it's a once off they would have been freaking out! So I would be worried about it happening again.
    Good luck, and good on you for looking after this poor little child.
    To be fair she hasn't really looked after the child yet. She's given a baby to a family without knowing if it actually belongs to them, and then hasn't followed it up with any local authorities, has made one unanswered phone call to the local police hours later and then left it at that.

OP if you need a local child welfare number then perhaps try Google? Im sure theres also more than one number for your local police station too, even if it goes through to another area.

Sorry, not trying to be harsh, and everything may well be fine, but I'd be feeling a little uncomfortable if I were you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

wannawannabe  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok, they say I need to report it to childrens services

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    To be fair she hasn't really looked after the child yet. She's given a baby to a family without knowing if it actually belongs to them, and then hasn't followed it up with any local authorities, has made one unanswered phone call to the local police hours later and then left it at that.

OP if you need a local child welfare number then perhaps try Google? Im sure theres also more than one number for your local police station too, even if it goes through to another area.

Sorry, not trying to be harsh, and everything may well be fine, but I'd be feeling a little uncomfortable if I were you.
    I KNOW!!! I feel horrible. I told DP I should just take him to the police but my kids were with their dad (he takes the car seats) So I had no where to put him. Then DPalready had walked off and knocked on the door. The other kids seemed to notice him, but yeah it was all just weird and happened quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok, they say I need to report it to childrens services
    http://www.dcp.wa.gov.au/ChildProtec...outachild.aspx

Crisis Care
    For concerns after hours, please contact Crisis Care:
    Telephone: (08) 9223 1111

When you contact the Department, the Duty Officer will gather and record information that you provide and decide how best to respond. The type of information that the officer will gather includes:
    • details about the child/young person and family
    • the reasons you are concerned
    • the immediate risk to the child
    • whether or not the child or family has support
    • what may need to happen to make the child safe
    • your contact details, so that the officer can call you to obtain further information if required or to provide feedback

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I KNOW!!! I feel horrible. I told DP I should just take him to the police but my kids were with their dad (he takes the car seats) So I had no where to put him. Then DPalready had walked off and knocked on the door. The other kids seemed to notice him, but yeah it was all just weird and happened quickly
    Im not having a go at you, im just encouraging a follow up. You did your best at the time so theres no point looking back. Ive been in a similar situation with a lost child and its hard to think perfectly clearly at the time. Honestly im sorry if I came off like a hard **se.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WineTime View Post
    Im not having a go at you, im just encouraging a follow up. You did your best at the time so theres no point looking back. Ive been in a similar situation with a lost child and its hard to think perfectly clearly at the time. Honestly im sorry if I came off like a hard **se.
    I think after seeing that news article the other day about people walking past a toddler injured in a hit and run in China, and the people coming out now to say that they were also threatened/attempted assualt by the man that murdered Jill Meagher (but never reported him), everyone is a bit sensitive at the moment about people not reporting small incidents because they 'nothing really happened' or that the people they report it to will think their silly/stupid for reporting it.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep call crisis care. They are DCPs after hour line.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (03-10-2012)