+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating scan @ 8 weeks. No hb :(

Hi everyone,
    i had a dating scan yesterday for what has seemed a text book pregnancy. The baby measure 7w 3d but no hb was detected. I was so shocked. This is my third pregnancy.
    sonographer said not a viable pregnancy, then asked me the most ridiculous question-"planned or a surprise?"

Now it's a waiting game. I had blood taken today then again on Monday. Dr said if nothing happens by Monday then it's a D&C. It's a terrible wait. I'm in denial right now I think as I'm not cramping, spotting. No physical sign that nothing went wrong. Poor little bean
    any advice fom people who have travelled this path appreciated xx

A surprising outcome has been the fact that I'm incredibly overwhelmed by a new wave oof gratitude for the miracle that is my two sons. I'm so blessed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry to hear your news

My first pregnancy I went in for a dating scan at 6+1 and we found a strong heartbeat. I didn't have another scan until more than 4 weeks later when I was supposed to be 11 weeks. We only had the scan because I had some spotting. No pain and no sign that anything was amiss other than the spotting which wasn't even bright red blood. We were told that our baby was only measuring 6+3 so virtually no change from the scan at 6+1 but this time there was no heartbeat present. I was told I could wait or have a D&C but because it had been more than 4 weeks and I hadn't miscarried they told me it would likely take quite awhile so I opted for a D&C. I wanted it all to be over with because it really was such a nightmare. We have finally fallen pregnant again after 6 months and we are praying that this time we get our take home baby.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through .. it's cruel and painful but you have great support here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would and get another scan just to be on the safe side, 8 weeks is still really little and sometimes they dont hear the hb that early.
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    it's a terrible thing to go through i have had a missed misscarriage at my 12wk scan many years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know exactly how that wait feels sadly
    You are right tho, this kind of thing makes you really appreciate what you do have!

Sending lots of love your way!

Another little precious angel that's too beautiful for this earth.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tuilelaith For This Useful Post:

lads mumma  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Sending big hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I had spotting at 6+4 and they found an empty sac in my uterus (measuring 5+3) and a cyst on my ovary they thought was ectopic. Had bloods taken every other day for almost two weeks because they were going up erratically and another scan showed no growth. I was in no pain so had a D&C to confirm it was a missed miscarriage rather than ectopic.

I didn't have any complications - bled for about a week after D&C and first period came 5 weeks after the initial bleeding stopped. Four months later and I'm pregnant again ... hopefully this one sticks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know exactly what you're going thru. I had scan dating scan at approx 7 weeks and I was borderline whether there should be a hb or not. I was measuring 6w2d. Another scan and lots of bloods showed non viable pregnancy. I was heartbroken as this was a surprise but much wanted pregnancy. The morning before the second scan (where there was definitely no hb) I still had morning sickness. There was absolutely no indication that something was wrong. Started very light spotting the morning of my d&c. I was 8weeks. We are now ttc again and I am scared that the same thing will happen, it really is doing my head in. My advise to you is to take time to grieve this pregnancy, we all know the second you see those two pink lines you love your baby. It's hard. Thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your encouraging replies. Had some mild cramping, cervix pain and spotting this evening. I'm bracing myself. Oh, the emotion of motherhood!!we truly love them from the moment we have that wonderful BFP.
    Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi agin ladies,
    im wondering how long the physical loss can take to start? I've had some cervix pain nd a small amount of spotting but nothing more.. Such a terrible wait!! I'm scared to go to work in case it happens there.