+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Having the worst day ever

I'm having the worst day ever! DD is 6 months old and she's the best baby she sleeps eats laugh and hardly ever cries. Last couple of days she's been crabby, mostly wining when tiered... but today she's been screaming all day!! She gets into crying fits where she has to catch her breath and I've seen actual tears roll down her cheeks which I've never seen before. I'm pretty sure she's theething, I gave her baby panadol and I've been using the gum gel, I've been holding her and cuddling her, been singing and swinging, she only wants me.
    Any tips on how to go through this and help her... and how long is this going on for??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I can relate! My DS has been crabby all day. It's painful.

Nurofen I found better for teething. For us teething pain didn't seem to last too long.

Could it be a wonder week?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhh, "those" days. Yuck.

I remember one day my son lost the plot, and so did I. I filled up our spa bath with warm water, added lots of bubbles, and we both got in together and just floated around for a while. He seemed to forget about his crying tanties, and it was kinda nice, sitting having a bath during the day.

Otherwise if its teething - panadol, bonjela, cold cloth to suck on, and jump in the car and go for a drive somewhere. Anything to pass the time!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's bonjela? And I'll try nurofen... Panadol doesn't seem to be doing much... She's sleeping now **happy dance** I put her in the swing she loved as a newborn... I guess it's comforting... and I managed to jump in the shower yay I feel so much better!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's bonjela??!!!!! hahha.... oh, there's so much to learn. (you said you were using a gum jel - it's probably that, or a different brand).

Bonjela is like a clear toothpaste gel that you rub on baby's gums for teething. It slightly numbs the area and helps when teeth are moving or popping through. Try it on your own gums, I hardly feel anything at all, so its very gentle.

Think we've got 3 or 4 tubes - in the bedroom, in the bathroom, in my handbag, etc.... You'll learn to love the stuff.
    Last edited by sunnyskies; 03-10-2012 at 17:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a amber teething necklace left it on for months , proper Baltic amber and also highlands teething tablets and it seemed to work for both my boys. Some times I did have to resort to panadol. I don't know if you know but amber is a resin and when it gets warm against the skin it releases tiny amounts of oil that are anti inflammatory a bit like copper bracelets for arthritic pain , it's not flouncy new age stuff not that I mind that !! But it really did work for us . Less irritable , less dribble better sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep - its one of those days! I spend all day on the couch with bub on boob and tv remote in hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha oh yes I'm using curash gel... I have seen so many kids with the amber necklaces I always wondered what that was, DH came home early to help out after I told him what day I was having... and of course she's a perfect little angel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Yep - its one of those days! I spend all day on the couch with bub on boob and tv remote in hand.
    Yup had some of those thank goodness for foxtel iq