+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I've had inductions at 39+4 and 38 weeks and the second was an active, drug free, positive experience. I successfully breastfed both, for 10 months and 2.9 years respectively. I had a really detailed birth plan and I had DH to back me up and that made the world of difference.

How early are they looking to induce? Is it likely bub will be separated from you after the birth? My third bub was a 31 weeker, born via emergency c-section and I'm still feeding him nearly 12 months later but again, I had a plan, I was hand expressing into a cup every few hours as soon as I was out of recovery.

If you have any specific questions, I more that happy to try and answer xx

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Your sister is a middy isn't she? Is she going to be with you? Would that help you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced a week overdue due to high blood pressure. Gel did nothing overnight, they broke my waters and started drip and I was on continual monitoring. I read the book birth skills and used some of the strategies altered for me. I sucked on the gas - focusing on the noise it was making, I rubbed my feet back and forth on the sheets feeling the texture. When I couldn't stand lying anymore I was able to hang over the back of the bed and had dh hold a little fan in my face. I chanted to myself - push too early and you'll tear apart - and managed to get away with minor tearing. Unfortunately for me my placenta failed to detach so I ended up in theatre but they told me it was 'unhealthy' so I think it was unrelated to my labour.

Good luck with everything, for you and bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Just thought of something else - I expressed colostrum in the weeks leading up to DS's birth, and froze it in 1 and 2 mL syringes just in case. We had a few attachment issues (unrelated to the induction) and it really helped me to know that he was getting colostrum whilst we focused on learning to feed. If you can do it, it might help just in case your son does need to be separated from you or is having any feeding difficulties (but hopefully he'll take to the boob like a champ!).

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks guys will reply when I get a chance, but yeh I'm taking my husband and sister. She is a mid at same hospy and knows their processes. We are coming up with a plan but apparently there is this thing they can use instead of gel/drip. It like a piece of paper that slowly releases hormones onto cervix and once removed doesn't release more. For some women its enough to get things going without then having excess hormones which make contraction really unnatural. We also working out our own 'progression timetable' in relation to drip. Won't fit their timetable but they will have to deal with it. My sis suggested if we need continued monitoring in order to proove babe not distressed and allo

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Allow for slower progression I should opt for the headclip?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish they had put the headclip in earlier for me, bub kept moving away from the monitor so we had to hold it in place but it was so much easier once they put the clip on.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Clip? It's actually a screw..while very accurate it causes pain to bub studies show listening to bubs heart rate after a contraction is very reliable and safe with no added risk of infection or damage to bubs head.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    http://www.mybirth.com.au/intervention/fetal-monitoring.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those head clips are horrid!!!!! My 13 nearly 14year old has a scar/bald patch on his head where they did that to him! Naive 19yr I was! Would never allow that kind of intervention ever again :-(