+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Red face Wanting to become a surrogate, but what to do?

I know that we are not supposed to advertise becoming a surrogate, but I was just wondering where do you find couples who are needing a surrogate in Victoria?

Thankyou

mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My understanding is that surrogacy is not legal in Victoria. I believe that when done in Vic you (the surrogate) would be considered the birth mother even if it wasn't your egg used.
    I may be wrong though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ophelia, try surrogacy sisters australia, egg donations australia, australian egg donors and a brand new website that links intended parents with surrogates and donors called fertility connections. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys! I have been advised that I am not allowed to "advertise", and that traditional surrogacy is illegal in Victoria. So I shall be finding little discreet ways of finding people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Each state have quite different laws regarding Surrogacy - just depends on where you and the intended parents live.
    Get in touch with Surrogacy Australia - www.surrogacyaustralia.org they may be able to assist you in some way.
    But from my understanding, there's loads of red tape and it's preferable that you've know the Intended Parents for at least 10years, there's also lots of counselling involved, then a parentage order as you will be recognised as the mother - rather than the intended mother.
    good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ophelia,
    my husband and I are looking for a surrogate. We live in vic, altruistic surrogacy is legal here. Please contact me by pm if you think you could help us. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ophelia

First of all thank you for being so generous and offering such a precious gift to a loving family.

You may have already found some very deserving parents by now, but if you haven't perhaps you might like to chat with us.

We are in Brisbane but considering surrogates anywhere within Australia.

Be great to chat.

Melissa

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Farther Afield

Hi Ophelia

We too know that we are not supposed to advertise in seeking a surrogate, but are also wondering where you find a person who very much enjoys being pregnant and yet wants no further children her own. As in Victoria, commercial surrogacy is illegal in New Zealand where we reside. Having had no luck in finding a gestational surrogate within NZ to date, we have started to look farther afield. We are a very small family group and would welcome any chance to add to our extended family, so to speak. Plus I am an Australian citizen myself and am thus drawn to look there, although I understand the red tape to be formidable! It would be more than worth it for my husband and I, however, to give our last remaining embryo its chance at life...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there!

Try Fertility Connections Its an Aussie based meet up hub for all things fertility!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, Altruistic surrogacy is legal in Victoria. I am looking for a surrogate. Happy for you to message me.
    Cheers