+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When my DD was born i had her father and my mother in the room (with 1 midwife who was very little help).

Her father was actually a really big help, he was so calm and supportive (probably the only time he was ever like that thinking back!) And my mother was the lead in helping me and getting the midwife to do what needed to be done (mum has had 4 kids of her own and been to (at that stage) 4 or 5 other births of my nieces and nephews), She was fantastic, if i ever have more kids ( ) She will definitely be there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm a big sook, DH caters to my sookiness however mum is tough and doesn't give me too much sympathy when it's not warranted. I'm sure I'll be convinced that I'm dying while I'm in labour, so for that reason I've asked mum to come in as well as my husband as I think them being at both ends of the spectrum will be a good balance, when I need a cuddle hubby will be there but when I need to be told to snap out of it and that I'm not the first person who has given birth, mum will be there :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I haven't had more than one, but I KNOW that my mother is going to be better for me than my partner will, and so she's invited along to my future homebirth.

When I am ill or injured, she knows how to be there. DP gets a bit funny and weird and kinda freaks and vanishes a bit... lol. SO I know he'll be there, but he won't exactly be of any real help to me. My mother's very good at knowing her place too, so I know she won't push DP aside and take over. She's just not a Marie Barone type.

I think how it'll all work out depends on how your mother and partner get along, and how well they both understand their position in the family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hrm... truthfully? if you, hubby and mother are fine with having her there as a "second" then its no one elses biz

I think its great that you are comfortable enough to have her there as an extra supportive person.

My mom was there for my first two as my ONLY coach, and did little more than hold my hand - mostly because I didn't want her to do anything BUT hold my hand!! For third it was just hubby and hubby wouldn't let me hold his hand even if he did do everything else lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Birthing Partners?

I had two, idk that seemed 'normal' to me

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm due in Feb, and as my DP is Navy and currently based in a different state, we are unsure if he will be here for the birth. (Long story, if different situation the Navy would ensure that he was with me).

If I have a natural, my plan is to have DP (if possible) and my mum with me. If I have to go for a c-sect I have a priority order of who will be with me (as there is only 1 allowed in). It will basically be DP, then Mum then if neither of them can make it then my sister.

I am sort of worried, as my mum will sit there and tell me to buck up and labor isnt all that bad and everything, but I know with both DP and mum there I will have my birth plan followed, without too much of an argument.

Hop you make your decision on what is best for you and your baby. Also, I am sure if he informs his work now of the soon to arrive, then they will be able to ensure that he is home for the birth. I know that when my mum was pregnant with my brother (17 years ago mind!!!) the company my dad worked for sent him home and allowed him to quit with no problems when mums pregnancy went downhill. I know that a lot of companies will allow them time off during the expected due date.

But for now

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Birthing Partners?

With DD I had my ex and mum, so glad my mum was there because ex sat with his phone for most of it!!
    With DS it was just my ex and I. He was my husband at that point and he was brilliant! Held the shower just in the right spot, helped to to not get an epidural (lol that I got)
    With this baby ex will not be there (l ong story) and it will be my mum Andrew sister, not sure how my sister will go, it's the fist time she will have seen a baby being born IRL lol