+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow I have never experienced a really rude door to door salesman. I usually just let them stat thei spiel and jump in when I can to let them know I am not interested/ I also feel sorry for them, because they do have a crappy job... I have switched companies before and ended up with a way better deal though so I like to find out what they want first incase its something I need

The only people I have found pushy and who wouldn't take no for an answer were religious folk... Honestly that was frustrating... I got stuck with books to read and a scheduled follow up visit

Thanks
    Reviews
    A few months back I had an older couple on my doorstep discussing their religion. I answered the door, they said who they were, I said "no thank you, have a nice day" the man walked down the stairs but the lady just wouldn't stop "but you're so young! You need to have faith! What about your children? they need something to believe in!"

At that point I lost it, said some pretty nasty things to her and sent her on her merry way.

I appreciate that salespeople and religious callers are trying to do their thing so I am polite to them, but when they wont take no for an answer then it's game on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We don't get too many but I remember once dh was away and I had a particularly rough day trying to get dd to sleep. Finally I got her to sleep and then someone was bashing and I mean BASHING on our front door! It was so loud it woke dd at the other end of the house. I was so angry I opened the door ready to give this person a piece of my mind but when i saw the smallest, oldest woman in the world on my doorstep I didnt have the heart! I politely told her there was a baby asleep and I had to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have jehovas visit me, they moved with me to my new house, they're lovely non pushy people so i dont mind them,

I hate the people trying to sell ****!
    Man oh man, when younger one of them confused me by out right lying then got me to sign a contract, thank god for mum, the same company visited mum a few days later, she opened the door and said you! You can **** off! He left, quickly.

I recently had a run in with wwf, they called me to see why my monthly visa donation had declined, i was like a)i dont HAVE a visa card b)i don't do phone donations so you need to figure out wtf has gone on there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had people coming at least twice a week at one stage, we found the 'house sitting' line worked well for a while but got over answering the door. We now have a "do not knock" sticker from our council that says something like unsolicited knocking us illegal in our door. We have only had one b**** knock since then saying she wasn't selling anything (karate school - selling a service) she really ****ed me off asking if my parents were home - no lady I'm sorry I'm ahead in life I purchased my house young and look young! She made me mad!
    We often see knockers in the street bu no one comes to our door anymore