+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm pretty sure it's considered trespass if you have a sign that says 'no hawkers' or similar. Legally anyone can knock on your door, UNLESS you've told them to go away, either by a sign or verbally. Then they must leave. I feel really sorry for most of them, they have an awful job. I don't have a sign up, but we were just getting the same energy company sending people and i told the last guy to make a note not to knock on my door or I would speak to he company. He was really scared and said 'please Miss, don't make a complaint about me' poor bugger is just trying to make a living.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

babybloom  (03-10-2012),Gracie's Mum  (03-10-2012),Theophania  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just lie through my teeth and tell them I'm house sitting and the owner is overseas for work for at least another 8 months. They know I'm lying but accept it gracefully.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I dont mind they knock if they are polite etc, they are trying to make a living... BUT it's the ones that constantly knock and knock and knock, or yell through the door, dont take no for an answer and then use the perler line of "I'll come back when your husband is home shall I?"

I get cranky then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a sticker next to my doorbell that says no door to door sales or religious callers please.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaNurture View Post
    We ordered one of these http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index...itemId/1070453 and haven't had a problem since. HTH
    This ^^^
    We put one up and the majority of knocks have stopped (still some religious, canvassers, free lightbulbs from council etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just tell then its a deceased estate. They back off pretty quickly then.

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In have to admit we found a significant increase in the number of doorknockers after the death of our German Sheppard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjong View Post
    I dont mind they knock if they are polite etc, they are trying to make a living... BUT it's the ones that constantly knock and knock and knock, or yell through the door, dont take no for an answer and then use the perler line of "I'll come back when your husband is home shall I?"

I get cranky then!
    This! Last week I had a sh***y day at work, feeling awful coming into third trimester, rushed home trying to get dinner ready, do laundry etc, an energy salesmen shows up at 6pm. I didn't answer the first knock but he kept it up then when I answered and said no he tried to argue saying "why would you say you aren't interested, you haven't even heard me out, can I speak to your husband", I wanted to punch him in the face but had to settle for slamming the door shut instead. Dreading dealing with this all day after baby is born and I become a SAHM.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You can get signs that say "No Soliciting" from Officeworks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just heard on the radio that if you have a sign that says 'do not knock' and a sales person does knock, the company can be fined up to $40,000.