+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Random door knockers. vent

I am getting so fed up with random door knockers. We seem to get at least one a week. Two months ago I had some flighty woman knock on the door close to 8pm wanting money for some charity. Last week I had a man trying to sell me electricity and it ended in him abusing me telling me that I’m ”obviously choosing not to save money” and that is my.
    I am starting to get feeling of rage just thinking about it and wondering if It’s legal for me to get a spray bottle and just spray them when I open to door and yes ‘shhhh go away’. Or a water gun.

My DH wants to put up a sigh saying we have a gun and aren’t afraid to use it. I have so many spiteful ideas of what I can do these annoying, invasive, rude trespasses !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    If you don't know them dont answer the door

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did that once, the bloke rang door bell 3 times whilst i was in the middle of brestfeeding. we even put out a sign saying 'no sales people or religelous callers' and he still stood there ringing the door bell. I've just had enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Answer the door in the nude. My brother was a door knocker and he never hung around if the owner was in the nude. Or was really stinky.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I answer the door and as soon as I realise they're trying to sell me something, I just say sorry not interested. And close it again. Thankfully I've never had anyone continue to harass me after that.

It's gotten worse because of the do not call register, I think. They can't harass people on the phone anymore, so now they physically appear at your front door. I agree that it's a PITA.

ETA: Maybe you can put up a sign stating "We do not do business with door knockers. You will be turned away." or something like that. If they do choose to knock, they can't really blame you because they knocked at their peril.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always let my 60 kg dog answer the door with me

They never hang around for long

Thank goodness no one knows what a pussy cat she really is, but it always works...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use a sign that says "Shhh babies sleeping do not knock on door. Phone me." and I don't provide my number because if you don't know it you don't need to know it. It works. I've been chatting across the road with neighbours and seen a door knocker walk up to the door, read the sign and then leave. I put the sign up when I was first on maternity leave and pregnant with DD1. I got sick of hauling my bump up off the couch and then got sick of yelling from the couch. Only an idiot would risk the wrath or bad karma of annoying a potentially sleep deprived mother with sleeping babies.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beccacino For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (03-10-2012),Gold  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We ordered one of these http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1070453 and haven't had a problem since. HTH

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaNurture For This Useful Post:

babybloom  (03-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was resting with my newbie the other day and a random woman ring our doorbell, which you can clearly hear works from outside, then waited, banged on the door, waited, then rung the bell again! I woke and didn't get up as bub was asleep on me but boy was I angry! How pushy! We have a camera system so I checked on my phone and knew I didn't know her. I'm going to put up a mum and baby sleeping, do not disturb sign!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The last time someone knocked at the door, I just looked at them really confused and repeatedly asked them "Do I know you? I don't think I know you? What are you doing here?". Got rid of them swiftly. Or I just tell them that I don't actually live here.

As a kid/teen I used to hide at the windows and wait until they started heading back down the driveway and yell 'Boo' at the top of my lungs. Now that was funny.

We have a screen security door so I can open the door without actually opening the door which is good.

Religious ones are just fun to mess with if you've got the time.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wannawannabe For This Useful Post:

babybloom  (03-10-2012),melandbub  (03-10-2012)