+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Distance education in Qld.

Hi everyone, just wanted to find out some info regarding distance education in Qld. Has anyone got their child enrolled at Groves Christian College or Australian Christian College? I have been on their websites and they both sound really good. Although Groves is the nearest distance education to where i live. Does anyone know what curriculum they use? Do you get a choice of a view different ones or is it a set curriculum. Do they supply the curriculum or do you purchase it online? Do they offer plenty of support if your unsure what you are doing regarding teaching the material. And any other info about the colleges would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Distance education in Qld.

Hi, although I don't currently hs a friend of my mums does and after trying quite a few DE schools she loves groves

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ohhh im gonna stay on this one, as i am also looking at got some paperwork from groves, daughter currently at public school and well is very advanced for her age even got off charts with naplan last year but im getting abit annoyed with a few things with schooling so thought distance ed might be the way to go

im struggling a bit with it though as we are not christian so im not sure how that will work

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Distance ED Schools

Hi, everyone... We are looking at homeschooling too. Can anyone give me feedback on some good distant education schools in QLD? Thanks!
    Last edited by Fiona S; 13-03-2014 at 15:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, we ended up homeschooling with Jubilee Christian College (qld) for the last 6 months of last year. It was the BEST thing we ever did and I highly recommend trying it out if you feel it may help your child learn best or calm down from a not so conductive school environment What have you got to lose? School will ALWAYS be there if you choose to go back.

Not all kids are alike, and one size does not fit all.. education is no different

Oh, and we found Jubilee very flexible.. all depends which unit you go with (they have different units run with different curriculums and ideals) Our teacher came and showed us some of the curriculum books we could choose from, we went out and bought them and away we went.
    Last edited by Happy2be3; 07-03-2014 at 17:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your reply. I found a contact for that school and have already spoken to them.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    anyone still on here

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done a range with my son...Brisbane distance ed, homeschooling including ACE program and now we are registered via distance ed school in NSW. Let me know if you have any questions..

Thanks
    Reviews
    We ended up doing DE through Australian Christian College with our three dd's. They offered the Ace program which we loved, however they are in the process of changing from grade 7 and up to online, which will be compulsory from next year 2016. The primary years is blended with some online and paces to meet the national curriculum. We are not happy with this, so are thinking of changing over to Jubilee as I believe they still offer the Ace program. I hope this helps anyone thinking of home schooling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Were you happy using the PACES ?