View Poll Results: Is it ok to tell teenagers to bugger off the equipment at the park?

12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfectly ok

7 58.33%
  • No, they have just as much right to be there

5 41.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bubhub Blogger
    I think it's a tough call because I think a lot of teenagers hang out at the park with friends because there are no public places really designated for them so I kind of think maybe they also have the right to be there (obviously not smoking and being obscene though). I know I hung out at the park when was a teenager and often on the swings etc because the seating/BBQ areas would be taken and we just wanted somewhere to sit and talk about our "dramatic" lives away from our parents, not really intending to get in the way and be a nuisance.

I think if they're just hanging out and not being obnoxious I might ask politely if my child could use that bit of equipment when they're done, I don't know that I'd expect them to leave though. If they were smoking etc I'd just leave it and move on, Im a bit apprehensive of confronting large groups of inappropriately behaving people, whether they're adults or teenagers.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Perfectly okay to tell them to bugger off. Come back when no small children are around if they must use it. Usually I either see them being feral idiots running around knocking small kids over while having no regard for the fact that small children needn't be exposed to their foul language/inappropriate conversational topics... or they're just using it like some sort of bench.

Either way - get the eff off.

But I really dislike teenagers in general. If they're helping out a younger child or whatever, like mothers do, then go right ahead. But otherwise, seriously - grow up and bugger off.

Edit: If nobody else is there, then whatever... so long as they don't make a mess or smoke on there, I don't care. But as soon as little kids are there, go on your merry way.