+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Unhappy He wont apologise

Yesterday, my DP did wrong by me. He hurt me pretty bad (emotionally). I spent the night at my mums and spoke to him all night online. All Im asking for is for him to say sorry but he refuses. He cant even see what he did wrong. Am I asking too much? Should I just go home with my tail between my legs and suck it up? I just dont know what to do. Im at a complete lose and need some advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    have no idea as it really depends on what happened.
    but i'm so sorry you had an awful argument and i hope things are better today.
    sometimes they can be really stubborn (but then again, so can we) when it comes to admitting fault.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I was really badly hurt and felt he needed to apologise, I wouldn't go home til I got one. Having said that I am a stubborn girl!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    without knowing what happened it is really hard to give advice. You are obviously hurt

Sometimes guys just don"t get it...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Even if he doesn't see what he did was bad, if he hurt you, he needs to apologise for hurting you. So even if he doesn't think that what he said was worth getting hurt over, if it hurt you that is a different thing, and you can be sorry for hurting someone without being sorry for what you said (unless it was clearly a mean thing to say)

That is what grown ups do, they apologise when they hurt someone - even if it was accidental. Sounds very immature if you ask me, and I don't even know what he did.

I'm stubborn to, I would be starting to suggest counselling if my DH was doing things like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm I am not sure i suppose it depends on what exactly happened.

The fact you have told him you expect an apology and he refuses it depends how far you want to take it. I mean even if he does will you know if it is sincere or if he just wants it to be over?

I suppose it depends how far in the sand you want to dig your heals... I wouldnt just go with my tail between my legs. I would stay away for a few days personally....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nobody can say whether you're asking too much or he's being a jerk without knowing more details.

If he hurt you by doing something like cracking a not-so-friendly joke, but didn't mean much by it, then we'll likely all say you need to get over it.

If he told you that he thought you were scum, never knew why he got with you in the first place, etc... then we'll likely all tell you he's a jerk and you shouldn't feel bad.

So really, it depends on what actually happened.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It depends on what he said. Can't really offer advice without knowing what the problem is *chuckle*.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well if he doesn't see what he did wrong why would you want an apology? Wouldn't it be an empty apology? I would talk to him face to face till he understood how and why what he did/say hurt me. No fighting screaming pointing fingers just explain your feeling, if he's not willing to listen or try and understand then I would see it as serious problem. If he gets it, then he will apologize of his own accord, my husband rarely says sorry but I know when he hugs me he means sorry its his way of apolagising while keeping his ego intact.