+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Period is a week late, getting a BFN ? Having pregnancy symptoms and need help

Hi all
    as I mentioned above my period is a week late and I have taken 5 pregnancy tests.. All negative !
    i have sore breasts, starting to have blue veins appear on my breasts?
    I have been very gassy.. I feel sick just before I go to bed each night and it has nothing to do with what I eat ..
    my lower back has been achy the last 2 weeks..
    i have many more symptoms but I won't keep going on about them.. I got a internal ultrasound done last week and the lady said nothing is wrong and then she said it looks like my period is coming ? What did she mean by this ? She didn't really help me at all just made me more confused coz in the end she said I might be pregnant but could be too early to tell ? First day of my last period was 19th August and today it is 2nd October ..
    Would appreciate some answers please or hear about anyone else experiencing this too. Thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Bellaxx - I would go to your GP and have a blood test done to confirm either way. If you are very early in a pregnancy, an ultrasound wouldn't show anything as there needs to be at least a sac visible. I'm not sure what she meant by saying you could be pregnant or your period coming, though.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    After watching 'I didn't know I was pregnant' so much I wouldn't be surprised if you were. Lots of tests come back negative for what ever reason. I'm a big POAS person and when I was 4 weeks pregnant it was so faint we didn't know if it was positive or we were seeing things...
    I think you should go to the gp and get blood tests done. I suppose patience will tell... You could only be two weeks pregnant, that's very early!!
    Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My best friends period is two weeks late, she is vomiting every morning, sore boobs and feeling sick, so literally having full on pregnancy symptoms, but had a blood test and it was negative and POAS tests are negative. SO unless she has gastro and a late period for some reason.... Anyway, i'm not very helpful but my friend is very anxious about it all so hugs for you
    But as others said I would get a blood test, can't hurt

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thank you for all of your replies I really appreciate it.. How much more sensitive is a blood test compared to urine test? I think she said my period is coming coz my endometrial lining or something is thick? Could this also mean I have conceived ? I really hope I'm pregnant !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blood test is def more sensitive than an urine test. I suppose time will tell but I know it's such a pain to have to wait! Let us know what the results are and For u!!!!!