+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Prams...help!!!

Hi all,
    Hope I have put this is the right section!!
    Im sure this questions has been asked many times before, but I am wanting some up to date info on products around at the moment.

We are expecting our first baby in March 2013. In a few weeks we are travelling up to the city to go 'pram shopping'

I have absolutely no idea where to start.....
    None of my friends have children so I cant really ask them so bub hub it is.

What I do know is that I would like the following
    - Easy to fold
    - Suitable for various terrains...my husband will be doing some jogging with the pram, but this is not the primary concern.
    - Reversible seat

Thats it really, so please offer me some suggestions
    TIA

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have the Stride plus 3. It has a reversible seat, three large Wheels with the front being lockable or Pivot & I am getting more used to folding it. Having said that I bout it for bubs due March 2012 which I miscarried but will be using it for bubs due March 2013. I know Boobycino highly recommends it too and would probably have a lot more to say about I. I can't remember if her is a 3 or 4 wheeler though.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think you will find a good jogging pram with a Reversable seat, in my experience your better off with a good quality city pram and a second hand jogging pram. I am really looking forward to my baby jogger versa arriving its an awesome looking pram that came out this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with PP. Get a one thats light and easy to fold/reversible/street/shopping one and then a strong joggig/long walk one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have the strider plus 3 too. I find it easy to fold, there's only 2 motions to it. The seat is reversible. I don't jog (I'm lazy haha) but I quite often see mums jogging with them in my area. I wrote a review in the reviews section of bub hub, if you want to look.

If you're planning on having more than one baby and want to save money, buy one that can have a second seat added (the strider plus can)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You can't jog with a strider.

I would suggest a mountain buggy urban. It's a proper walking/all terrain/ jogging pram. Up until recently the only way baby could face you is if it was in the bassinet. But they have just released a new seat called 'face to face' (I think that's what it's called) that clips on and allows baby to face you. It only costs $50 so not too pricey. Take a look on the mb website.

If not a mountain buggy I would only be looking at something with pneumatic tyres, given the description of what you want to do. I've had heaps of prams and the ones with solid tyres drive like c**p off road or on bumpy paths compared to pneumatic tyres.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All of the people that I see jogging daily past my house, pushing a strider, must be a figment of my imagination then.

Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    You can't jog with a strider.

I would suggest a mountain buggy urban. It's a proper walking/all terrain/ jogging pram. Up until recently the only way baby could face you is if it was in the bassinet. But they have just released a new seat called 'face to face' (I think that's what it's called) that clips on and allows baby to face you. It only costs $50 so not too pricey. Take a look on the mb website.

If not a mountain buggy I would only be looking at something with pneumatic tyres, given the description of what you want to do. I've had heaps of prams and the ones with solid tyres drive like c**p off road or on bumpy paths compared to pneumatic tyres.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok sorry then. I'll rephrase. You aren't supposed to jog with a strider. It's not a jogging pram.

But you are right I apologise for the way I said it. I do hate striders so that coloured how I phrased it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 4underfour For This Useful Post:

IdaCat  (02-10-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 4underfour View Post
    Ok sorry then. I'll rephrase. You aren't supposed to jog with a strider. It's not a jogging pram.

But you are right I apologise for the way I said it. I do hate striders so that coloured how I phrased it.
    Totally agree with you, so does the manufacturer..

The Strider PLUS has not been designed for running. It is best to use for walking only. If you are considering a Jogging Stroller here are some features you should look for to help with you and your childs safety:

A hammock style backrest - a soft backrest will allow for movement and less impact on your childs back
    A hand height brake - a brake at hand height will allow you to reach forward and stop the stoller
    A fixed front swivel wheel - look for a stroller that can lock the front swivel wheel. If you are running and hit a rock or twig a swivelling front wheel could turn the stroller suddenly.
    Large pnuematic 16 inch wheels - these will absorb the terrain much easier than smaller rubber wheels

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

4underfour  (01-10-2012),IdaCat  (02-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the replies! I already know more than what I did previously! There are so many things to consider. It is good to have a starting point.