+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Face Rash and Runny Nose in 4yo - Eczema?

Hi all,

My almost 4yo DD has always had a runny nose and a slight rash (reddish and a little bumpy) on her cheeks, chin and eyebrows. Neither bother her at all and the mucous is always clear except on the odd occasion she has had an actual cold.

We took her to an ENT when she was about 6 months old as it was affecting her feeding, but they said it was just because her eustachian tubes hadn't curved yet and she would probably grow out of it. She has maybe a month over a year when her nose ISN'T running, and the rash is always there but isn't always noticeable (if you run your fingers over that skin you can feel the bumps but it isn't always inflamed).

Do you think this sounds like eczema or allergies or something? She never itches it, we use goat's milk cream on it daily and don't wash her face with soap. I'll take her to the doc but I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas please? I thought she would grow out of it, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere!

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like my daughter she is now 10 months except she only has a runny nose when she has a cold. But for her skin we went to a dermatologist when she was 6 months and we now use aqueous cream as a moistouriser and as her face and body wash. You can just get it from the skin care section at the chemist its great.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kirstyandmick For This Useful Post:

Shananaaah  (02-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks kirstyandmick. I don't even know if the two things are related, but it seems suspicious. Will give the aqueous cream a go. Do you know if they have shampoos/conditioners etc as well?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The rash sounds a bit like my 10 month old DD's too, which we have been told is eczema.

Hers seems to mostly be reactions to certain food (potato, green kiwi fruit, avocado), and will last for a few days after having those foods. I use sorbolene, & that seems to help it clear a bit quicker.

Hope you find something that works