+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Uterus pain early pregnancy

Might be a silly question but I'm very new to this, is it normal to have a constant pinching feeling in your uterus early pregnancy? And dull cramps constantly? I've not had any spotting or anything but still just trying to get reassurance this is a normal type of pain. I'm 4w4d along. Any help would be awesome

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had really bad pain from 4w1d to about 6 weeks (and then again 16-18 weeks). I didnt even know I was pregnant until 4w3d. I thought my period was coming and it was going to be a bad one because it hurt so bad. I was scared of ectopic once I found out I was pregnant but I didnt know how far along I was (long cycles). I had a heap of scans done and everything was fine. Apparently if it is ectopic, it doesnt hurt until 8-9 weeks. Cramps in early pregnancy are normal. I think I was just sensitive to all of the changes going on down there.

Anyway my baby is now a healthy 9 week old!

Congratulations and best of luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveHeart For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (30-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad you asked this princessleah
    I'm 5 weeks and last night I experienced cramping & started to freak out a bit! (thinking the worst, that a m/c was going to happen again)
    But, it's gone away today, so fingerscrossed all is okay.
    I was starting to think that it may be due to constipation...yucky feeling!

LoveHeart, thanks for your advice, it's eased my mind to know cramping can be normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveHeart View Post
    I had really bad pain from 4w1d to about 6 weeks (and then again 16-18 weeks). I didnt even know I was pregnant until 4w3d. I thought my period was coming and it was going to be a bad one because it hurt so bad. I was scared of ectopic once I found out I was pregnant but I didnt know how far along I was (long cycles). I had a heap of scans done and everything was fine. Apparently if it is ectopic, it doesnt hurt until 8-9 weeks. Cramps in early pregnancy are normal. I think I was just sensitive to all of the changes going on down there.

Anyway my baby is now a healthy 9 week old!

Congratulations and best of luck!
    You're right that cramps in early pregnancy are pretty normal, but it is *not* right that an ectopic doesn't hurt until 8-9 weeks! There isn't necessarily any pain until an ectopic ruptures - which is when things get very dangerous.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to angelini For This Useful Post:

butterfly2013  (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    totally normal i had that at 4-5 weeks, its your uterus stretching. As long as you dont have heavy bleeding with cramps, you should be fine.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Very normal. I had strong cramps up until 8-9 weeks. They were so bad I'd wake up at night.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank goodness, thanks for your replies! If I had to describe the pain it would be like strong af pain crossed with UTI pain. It's not excruciating but definitely very uncomfortable!! It's funny how we are all different, I asked both my sisters and they said they didn't have any cramps or anything like that until later on. I'm off to doctors tonight anyway to organise Hcg bloods so will mention it anyway. I'm guessing she might just test me for a UTI to be safe as well. Thanks again lovelies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know that you've already gotten so many helpful responses but I just wanted to jump in and say that I started getting cramps and stretching pains from right on 4 weeks. I was also freaking out but my sister told me that I'm going to get more cramping as my pregnancy progresses so unless it is accompanied by any bleeding or the pain in severe than I see it as a good thing because then it's my body telling me that it's doing what it's supposed to for support of my growing baby

13. The Following User Says Thank You to missy1000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cramping can be the uterus expanding. This is more common in first pregnancys. Try to relax. Stress is bad. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks pinkdolly, unfortunately in my case I had a miscarriage a week after I posted this. I think from what I've been told and as you said too pain is normal in most cases, as long as there is no bleeding along with it. From what I have heard though, bleeding and cramping still may not mean there are problems. It just so happened that mine didn't end well in this case.

Take care xx