+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default HELP ME - Kids Safety app for phones...

Hi everyone, in light of the terribly sad death of Jill Meagher I found out about this phone app - created by Daniel Morcombes parents, it has an emergency button you can press on your phone which sends an emergency HELP ME message to 2 nominated phone numbers along with a map of the phone owners location.

It's called HELP ME and it's .99c from itunes.

Here is a link:

http://www.danielmorcombe.com.au/app.html

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (30-09-2012),chameleon  (01-10-2012),Doc  (30-09-2012),kw123  (30-09-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (05-10-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (30-09-2012),steel magnolia  (30-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That's such a great idea!
    If I have to walk anywhere alone at night or in an uncomfortable situation, I have df's number up and ready to call.

It's sad that we even have to worry about this stuff :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaHan View Post
    That's such a great idea!
    If I have to walk anywhere alone at night or in an uncomfortable situation, I have df's number up and ready to call.

It's sad that we even have to worry about this stuff :/
    It is sad

I just put it on my phone. It's also got a good feature for remembering cars colour, make, model, number plate etc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Will it still work if they just have prepaid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure - it would be worth contacting them to ask - the link above will direct you to their website.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just sent through a message asking them and will update when I get a reply for anyone else wanting to know.

DD1 just has a pre-paid mobile but she has an android phone so I'm hoping it will still work to some degree.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dannielle For This Useful Post:

babyla  (01-10-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (01-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannielle View Post
    I just sent through a message asking them and will update when I get a reply for anyone else wanting to know.

DD1 just has a pre-paid mobile but she has an android phone so I'm hoping it will still work to some degree.
    I'm interested to hear. I think it should still work - it you are able to download apps then so long as you have credit...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got an email back saying it wouldn't work. But I emailed back asking if any part of it will work at all as I knew the GPS part of it wouldn't work with pre-paid but I haven't heard back yet.

I'm pretty sure I could organise to download apps if I connect her phone to the computer but would have to look into it a bit more. I'm technologically challenged. LOL

OP, do you think you could turn off your internet and then see if any part of the app works without your internet on? (But let your emergency contacts know first of course)