+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Possible pnd and anti-depressants

hi,

My baby is 16 days old and i have been struggling big time emotionally. I was originally told it was probably just my hormones but today my widwife said she thought i had pnd and to see my gp to get on medication.
    I love my baby but i am over feeling this way and bursting into tears,

I was just wondering what other peoples experience with anti depressants was like? i am worried that i might not be myself on them and for how long i will need to take them for. also how does it go when you do go off them?

thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi pinklinkin. So sorry you are feeling that way. Its horrible, I have gone through it. Please read my thread below (it has a happy ending).
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ormonal-or-PND

I have been on Zoloft for a few weeks now and I feel completely opposite to how I was feeling before. I dont cry at the drop of a hat, I dont have panic or anxiety attacks. My husband has noticed a great change in me. I finally feel normal, maybe even better than normal, more happy. I also actually have fun with my baby and have come to love my baby (I was struggling to love him, since I never felt that instant love or connection with him).

I'm not sure how long to take them for either, but Id rather take them forever and feel happy, then stop taking them and feel crap again. If you do suffer any side effects on them, there are different types of antidepressants out there, I'm sure you will find one that suits you.

I hope you see your GP and get the help you are after. You sound like a great mum. Im sure you are doing fine, you just need a little bit of help.

Please PM me if you want to talk :-)