+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Rolling

How old was your bubba when he/she rolled for the first time?
    Was it back to front? Or front to back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd rolled front to back 5 times at 1 month of age. Then she stopped and started again a day after 3 months. She rolled front to back then and a few days later did back to front. But, it was probably another 3 or 4 weeks til she realised that she could roll & roll and get to things she wanted a fair distance away (rather than just one roll away).

My ds didn't roll til 4.5 months and rolled front to back to start with. He did it for a couple of days then got sick and stopped for another 10 days before starting again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS was 3.5 months and went from back to front. Once he did it the first time there was no stopping him from moving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd went front to back at 6 months she has never rolled back to front and she will be ten months old soon. she sits up well and has started pulling herself up on furniture.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No rolling yet just about to , I can see my dd 3 mo 1 week reaching out to things and leaning over but no official roll yet !! She spends all of her time chatting away its sooo cute baby babble :hug:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS was about 3 months old when he first rolled from tummy to back, but didn't do it very often. DH only saw him do it for the first time 1-2 weeks ago. DS started rolling from back to his right side at about 4.5 months, which he does regularly. I've seen him roll all the way over to his tummy once, at about 5 months. He can only roll from his back one way - he can't roll onto his left side yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was about 8 weeks old when she started rolling front to back. Had to get her out of the bassinet and into a cot quick smart!

DS was around 3 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DS is 6 months and has rolled front to back a few times in the last week! He leans over a lot to the side but hasnt quite gone right over from back to front. My DD wasn't interested in rolling much but was crawling by 8 months. Seriously every child is different, they'll do it in their own time.