+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Conception chances after coming off BC pills?

Hi all
    Thanks for reading/responding..

I got my Implanon implant taken out 3rd Aug 2012 after exactly 2 years of having it in, I started on the pill that day but over the month or 2 that I've been taking it I have been really slack (eg. forgetting to take it, missing the ones ive forgot completely, missing it completely for 4+ days) and so on, and its been completely stuffing with my hormones..
    I talked to my boyfriend about it and he's suggested doing it naturally (stopping BC) and whatever happens happens and that he would love a baby as much as I would.
    I'm really happy with this decision and am quite excited as this will be our first baby if we successfully conceive.

I stopped taking them completely on the 17th of Aug (3 days before my period).. My ovulation calender predicts I will ovulate on the 4th of September (4 days) which means I'm at the beggining of my fertile state, what do you think my chances will be? We plan on trying every night for the next 4-5 days
    Last edited by jorjarenee; 30-09-2012 at 12:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jorjarenee,

i went off the pill after being on it for 10 years on the 6th August. I had my 'break through period' straight after that. I am still waiting for my next 'real' period to show 55 days later! So while it is possible as I have read others getting pregnant straight away I wouldn't rely too much on getting your period straight up due to BC means.

On that note - fingers crossed you do and mine comes soon too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jorjarenee View Post
    Hi all
    Thanks for reading/responding..

I got my Implanon implant taken out 3rd Aug 2012 after exactly 2 years of having it in, I started on the pill that day but over the month or 2 that I've been taking it I have been really slack (eg. forgetting to take it, missing the ones ive forgot completely, missing it completely for 4+ days) and so on, and its been completely stuffing with my hormones..
    I talked to my boyfriend about it and he's suggested doing it naturally (stopping BC) and whatever happens happens and that he would love a baby as much as I would.
    I'm really happy with this decision and am quite excited as this will be our first baby if we successfully conceive.

I stopped taking them completely on the 17th of Aug (3 days before my period).. My ovulation calender predicts I will ovulate on the 4th of September (4 days) which means I'm at the beggining of my fertile state, what do you think my chances will be? We plan on trying every night for the next 4-5 days
    Do you mean you will Ovulate around the 4th of October?? Cos September is pretty much over!

When I came off birth control I had my withdrawal bleed straight away and then I didnt get a period for 42 days after that. Some women get pregnant straight away off the pill, some it takes a little bit longer. We have been trying for 15 months with no success.

If you arent already, start taking a good prenatal vitamin. Trying for the next 4-5 days is a good plan, but dont be disappointed if it doesnt happen right away. Good luck with your journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol! Yes sorry, october! My mistake..

After the implanon was taken out I got my normal periods back straight away, 5 days long and a normal cycle.. As i wasnt using my bc pills correctly they obviously weren't working.. Do you think due to my already regular periods I could have a better chance?
    I hope you have some success soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went off the pill at the end of the packet had a withdrawal bleed and then feel pregnant the next cycle. I had been on the pill for about 6 years.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    After being on the pill for 10 years my period returned straight away when I stopped taking it and I was pregnant the very next month! It can happen, good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took the pill to regulate my periods for 10 years and was pregnant 7 month later. I actually tried to avoid conceiving straight away, for some reason I've heard lots of stories about miscarriages when conception happened straight away, I don't know if it's medically proven but this happened to two of my cousins so I thought better safe than sorry.
    Good luck with the baby making

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped the pill after 4 years and didnt get mt first period for 7 months. Everyone is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to take this off topic but don't you think that 17 is a bit too young to be thinking about starting a family? Don't you want to live your life for a bit longer before having a baby? I'm not being judgmental I just worry that you haven't put a lot of thought into this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went off the pill after about 8 - 9 years of being on it and fell pregnant within a few weeks. I didn't even get any break through bleeding. Just - BAM - pregnant.

My hubby and I had decided to start trying at the begining of the year after hearing it can take a few months to conceive....didn't expect to fall pregnant the first go lol. Oh well! I'm now 37 weeks and can't wait to meet him