+ Reply to Thread

Default 2 months old - Ergo without insert, just cushion?

Hi. My DD is 2 months this week. We are overseas and here it is REALLY hot and humid. We are both struggling in the Ergo with insert as it's so hot. DD has a very strong neck and is now 5kg. Today I tried the Ergo without the insert, just cushion and when we went out she seemed fine in it (she was in it for nearly an hour). I know the guidelines say to use the insert until 3 months (?) but it was so much better without. Does anyone know if this is actually damaging? Does anyone use the ergo without insert for a baby under three months?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought the insert was for babies under 5kg rather than age? If baby sits safely then I don't see what the issue would be? My ds was 5kg at 6 weeks and I was confident in using the ergo without the insert.

Similar Threads

1. Stain removal (ergo insert)
    By shinebrite in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 17:16
  2. Free to good home - ERGO heart 2 heart infant insert
    By AllYouNeedIsLove in forum Natural / Attachment Parenting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-04-2012, 16:38
  3. Ergo newborn insert
    By Bubs'n'Roses in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 18